Lowering Springs - Advice & Piccies Please!

Jak

Right, so ive done the spacers (Eibach 20mm F&R) so now in order to meet 1st rule of Z Club - Space & Lower set out by Sarnie :lol: i must go about lowering.....

Onto the question:

I am going to go for springs rather than coilovers as

a) I can't afford coilovers

B) I havn't and will probably very rarely if ever track the car so wouldn't, i don't feel, get the full benifit of the coilovers.

So after searching around a bit it seems that the most common choices are the Eibach 30mm or the Tein 17mm front 14mm rear springs and hear in lies my problem/question .....

I do want the car to look lower and not sure how much of a visual difference the Teins will make BUT i also don't want to be scraping my splitter every 5 min's either which i fear may happen with the Eibachs.....

So is there another choice which offers a middle-ground between the two?

OR failing that can people post up photo's of there cars preferably on 18's with either the Teins or Eibachs on and tell me how much trouble, if any, they have with bumps if running the Eibachs?

Just to give people an idea of my set up i am running 18" Rays with 20mm Eibach Spacers Front and Rear and have a Nismo front splitter.

Thanks in advance

Jak :thumbs:

Thanks for the Photo's guys,

Ahh and this is another thing - Mine dosnt really look much higher than that - but I have also previously thought that mine dosnt look quite as high as other non-lowered Zeds (and no - I cant see green springs if i look underneith!!! :lol: )

P1000720.jpg

P1000631.jpg

Would you mind posting some pics stew, or anyone else with Eibachs for that matter especially if you are running an otherwise similar set up to myself?

Oh and does anyone have any feedback/opinions on the Spax springs for the 350z they are 25mm i think... I had spax on my last car and really liked them but it was on quite a different car (Swift GTi!)

Jak

Personally I've used springs before but think a good investment would be some coils, I've put the KW V3 on my 350 and have never looked back. Looking in an HLS system they do which bolts straight on so you have have a 50mm hydrolic lift at the front for those annoying speed bump moments.

Also consider this with the springs.

With the Eilbachs, the Zed will drop so much that the camber will be affected, which will then require rear camber arms and camber bolt to be replaced and possibly front upper arms, so that the camber can be adjusted back to normal settings.

The Teins might not go as low, but then you won't have to get the additional items

Would you mind posting some pics stew, or anyone else with Eibachs for that matter especially if you are running an otherwise similar set up to myself?

Oh and does anyone have any feedback/opinions on the Spax springs for the 350z they are 25mm i think... I had spax on my last car and really liked them but it was on quite a different car (Swift GTi!)

Jak

I've got eibachs too and love them. Not too harsh a ride either. There's pics if you use the search button, springtime run by neilp. There's loads of pics floating about of stews too from modified live knockhill

Neilp - Cant seem to find the thread at the moment - would you mind linking to it?

Is it pretty much guaranteed that you have to fit the rear camber arms with the Eibachs?

No you do not need to fit camber arm adjusters. Mine are on the standard ones and are just on the max of tolerance levels, ran them for over a year now and no problems at all.

Does look B) Pimm,

Spoke to CS and he said its really hit or miss whether you need em or not, depends on the car - Some need 'em some dont'!

The thing is if i take the plunge with the Eibach's only to find that i do need the Camber arms im gonna need to spank another £165 to get some Camber arms :surrender:

Where as the Teins are much less likley to need em (as far as i can tell from what i have read anyway!)

Another thing i'm considering is going for the SPAX SSX springs which offer a 25mm Drop and hopeing the 5mm less will keep it within the stock tolerances better.......

http://www.spax.co.uk/pressreleases/Nissan-350Z-SSX.pdf

http://www.spaxsuspensiondirect.co.uk/c ... ts_id=3679

Opinions??

Oh and dCash5 - Are Eibach sportlines springs or coilies?

Jak