HID adjust for driving in Europe...

Hamster

For my trip to Germany I went to Halfords for my stickers, left them in the boot and would have done some acting should I get stopped claiming that I had totally forgotten to put them on.

They are still in the boot and packaging has yet to be opened...

For my trip to Germany I went to Halfords for my stickers, left them in the boot and would have done some acting should I get stopped claiming that I had totally forgotten to put them on.

They are still in the boot and packaging has yet to be opened...

I like the sound of that.... :thumbs: were going beginning of July so i'm hoping I wont need lights anyhow - its light at 5am and not dark til 9!

Ensure you have GB sticker on back hi-vis vest for each passenger and yourself first aid kit spare bulbs and fire extinguisher. You may think im taking the the pi55 but thats the rules now for Germany and yes they are checking if they stop you for one thing they will check them all as my mate discovered and had to pay 400 Euro fine and 100 Euro for teh kit which the police happpen to sell as well.

Easy option buy them on the boat as it comes as a complete kit for £69 if my memory serves me right.

Ensure you have GB sticker on back hi-vis vest for each passenger and yourself first aid kit spare bulbs and fire extinguisher. You may think im taking the the pi55 but thats the rules now for Germany and yes they are checking if they stop you for one thing they will check them all as my mate discovered and had to pay 400 Euro fine and 100 Euro for teh kit which the police happpen to sell as well.

Easy option buy them on the boat as it comes as a complete kit for £69 if my memory serves me right.

+1 Roger that...and your GB sticker needs to be black writing on a white back ground. Buy the little magnetic one. My mate bought the gold GB letters and was fined by the French rozzers.

You also need to take a copy of your V5 Log book in the car for France. I also 'heard' on pistonheads that they can fine you for not having your numberplates bolted on (ie - no stick on or double sided tape holding it on).

They can, and they will, but they're completely wrong to do so as our cars are legal in another EU country and not having riveted 'plates doesn't make the car dangerous. Try explaining that to the gendarmerie by the side of the road though...

One on all the above mentioned had a lad from work who had a minor crash today. When the German police arrived they checked to see if both parties involved had their correct equipment. German yes friend of mine no. Got a 300 Euro on the spot fine and made to pay within 7 days.

Not saying it will happen to everyone but worth spending that bit in the first instance and get correct kit rather than on spot fine. Especially if you have come over for the ring and get stopped on the Saturday or Sunday as you have to pay the town hall which wouldnt re open till Monday making you spend another night more hotels etc etc