Would I be daft?

Zednick666

Things are a little tight financially at the minute, and so I've been looking around at new jobs. Currently I work 5 miles from home and so have the choice to cycle in, or tootle in in the zed using very little fuel... if I move I may have to travel further and it might force me to have to sell the Zed :byebye: I hope not, I'll do all I can to keep it...

Anyway, I'm always pondering over other cars and what I'd get if I did jack the zed... it would need to be a diesel, but I don't want to be a million miles from the zed i.e. still sporty, sexy styling etc but budget of £10k... so - here's what I came up with...

http://www.netcars.co.uk/search/vehicle ... ne-2dr-htm

... however, any self respecting petrolhead knows of Alfa's reputation for reliability, electrics etc. Would this be a stupid move?

I'm young, live on my own and don't earn a massive wage by any means, therefore I need something that would be a reliable 'work-horse' yet still fun.

Dad's told me his views; "very nice, but I wouldn't get an Alfa, they're crap!"

(Postcode link removed)

keep the zed and do one of the following to get to work:

walk

run

beg/borrow other car

crawl

swim

bus

helicopter

plane

catapult

A guy i know had a diesel alfa and to be fair it was quite good but it wasnt really an alfa if you get my meaning, you would do as well to buy a diesel golf imo :scare:

I work 10 miles away & cycle in most days. If you do cycle in, it's worth getting a decent road bike. I spent £600 on mine & apart from a few current niggles, it's awesome. Fast too once you're a bit conditioned. I was in the same situation mate, but decided to keep the Z & plod along with low spending money :)

Cheers yeah it's a thought - it depends where I end up really, it could be 10 miles motorway but a different kettle of fish A / B roads, also whether the place has showers as I work office based / shirt & tie.

I did get a nice mountain bike on the 'ride2work' scheme - worth about a grand, as it's a nice trek to where I am at the moment; along canals, dirt tracks etc. and takes me 20 mins.

Have considered the A4 Cab diesel - would need to be 05+ though (with the full 'swoop' grille) and below 60k miles - tough to get below 10k

Also looked at 320cd (coupe or cab) but again, would need to be 05+, below 60k and be 'M Sport'...

... urgh can you see my predicament! :bang: Life after zed is going to be tough!

Such a mixed response! :headhurt:

Anyway, on the back of a PM from Attak Z, I'd like to formally apologise for my foul language... I acknowledge and accept that use of the word 'tootle' on a 350Z forum should be :banned: , don't know what I was thinking!