Show us your ROTAs

ben@RARE RIMS

non staggered setup will increase the grip at the front and increase the cars potential to oversteer, for a drifitng purpose this is probably beneficial.

its fine to run non staggered setup but i'd get the cars geo set for the purpose you intend to use the car. if you plan to use it as an every day car, something like a fast road setup might be best and would hopefully be able to dial back the oversteer for more precise driving.

or a track setup if you do alot of track work

non staggered setup will increase the grip at the front and increase the cars potential to oversteer, for a drifitng purpose this is probably beneficial.

its fine to run non staggered setup but i'd get the cars geo set for the purpose you intend to use the car. if you plan to use it as an every day car, something like a fast road setup might be best and would hopefully be able to dial back the oversteer for more precise driving.

or a track setup if you do alot of track work

Really though? lets say he is running 245's all round. If he puts 285s on the back the front doesnt have more or less grip the rear just has more. :shrug:

its in comparison to the staggered setup. on a staggered setup regardless of tyre width the front always has less grip than the rear as its surface contact patch to the road is less.

non staggered setup and the contact patches are identical.

the car was given a staggered setup for a reason. and that was to give it the best handling charateristics as standard. i'm not saying non staggered is worse or better but it will change the handling characteristics of the car. an dpossibly make it less predictable than standard.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Let me start by saying that they look very good...so I'm not questioning the taste here... but I want to know why the popularity of these specific rims with 350z owners?

Generally, with other cars, you have people with a wide selection of rims rather than many people choosing a single type.

Looking forward to finding out why.

Cheers

Can someone explain the ROTA preference though?

From the point of view of someone who is intending to invest in some shiny rotas soon, they're good wheels that don't break the bank (too much!) would be my answer :shrug: