Any members in Glasgow region?? - Need some Help

Gizmo-R

Hey Guys

Could do with eyes and knowledge in Glasgow area

I've seen a Zed that I am interested in however it is over 300miles from where I live so I could really do with some eyes and expertise in having a look at it for me to guage condition and state

Happy to pay the gesture back with a couple of bevvies :drunk:

Thanks

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am in Glasgow too if you need a hand :thumbs: Loads of us around here - we could get a whole squad inspecting it for you lol

Poor guy, we would be all over it like flies.

I wouldn't even know what to look for though.....suppose I could be the bosse checker :teeth:

Oh Scaaawwweeeet Guys! :yahoo:

Thanks

This is the link : 350Z

Anyone seen or know of this car?

The lady said she is selling it on behalf her son who gone to America to work. I had a couple of pics mailed to me of the NS alloy wheels. Front look kerbed. However mileage looks good on it and its pretty much down my avenue

I will need to phone the person to arrange a viewing however with one of you guy on my behalf though

Cheers

Martin

If you want to craig, are you free tonight? We could go and have a look? Looks like a good deal

Guys if have got time that would be great! If you let me know in good time so I can call the lady let her know and I will pass over the details I have and what info I require (plus all the infor you think I need!)

Glasgow is a good 300miles from where I live so potentially I could end up buying without even looking at it in the flesh (which probably is not a good idea!) but gonna have to trust your judgement on this one! :thumbs:

Im in Glasgow aswell. I recently went down to Leeds for my 350z. Had full nissan service history and the guy sounded totally honest about the car and was low mileage so i took a chance and just went down! Turned out to be a cracker!

If you are struggling I could have a look for you.

Thanks Guys

This really does do me a world of favours.

I've had some photos of the NS alloy which looked kurbed (which is okay to a point) and some minor discrepencies when I asked her details about the car. She is selling it on behalf of his son so there may be details she is unsure of which is why I need some 350z Cavalry to step in

I'm just worried you guys will turn up 'A-Team' style and scare the crap out of her! lol

Don't worry - there will be no handbrake turns up to her door - I am a respectable and polite chap. Can't speak for Neil. :lol:

We can note down how the car looks visually including tyre wear etc, do a few basic engine checks, run it and listen to it tick over but without being able to drive it won't be able to comment on any other common faults like the rear clicky axle etc. Do as much as we can for you though.

Don't worry - there will be no handbrake turns up to her door - I am a respectable and polite chap. Can't speak for Neil. :lol:

We can note down how the car looks visually including tyre wear etc, do a few basic engine checks, run it and listen to it tick over but without being able to drive it won't be able to comment on any other common faults like the rear clicky axle etc. Do as much as we can for you though.

If you can sort something out drop me a PM and I'll pass over the details I have and I will contact the lady regarding a possible viewing for a suitable time

Cheers :thumbs:

Thanks Guys

This really does do me a world of favours.

I've had some photos of the NS alloy which looked kurbed (which is okay to a point) and some minor discrepencies when I asked her details about the car. She is selling it on behalf of his son so there may be details she is unsure of which is why I need some 350z Cavalry to step in

I'm just worried you guys will turn up 'A-Team' style and scare the crap out of her! lol

Those two couldn't scare a paper bag :lol:

I'm sure they'll go inspect thoroughly for you ;)

Lol cheers vik, yep tonight after 6 is fine mate. Pm'd you my number. You wanna take the two zeds up just to show off or just take one?

Let us know the details mate. I'll pm you my mobile number also

Lol cheers vik, yep tonight after 6 is fine mate. Pm'd you my number. You wanna take the two zeds up just to show off or just take one?

Let us know the details mate. I'll pm you my mobile number also

Its up to you how much muscle you decide to bring with you! But I have just PM'd back

Cheers

Hi Gizmo,

Had a look at the car mate. Main details as you may know:

- pre facelift (276) GT car

- 3 Owners (first registered as a Nissan Demo car)

- VIN numbers match, MOT to Sept, Tax was March I think, service book stamped

- Mileage - a shade under 20,000

BODYWORK AND WHEELS

Bodywork is in fairly good condition - there is nothing so major that a good detail shouldn't sort it. There are a few light scratches at the fuel lid and a few other places that should buff out. On the sides of the front bumper there is some light grazing and there are the usual few stone chips. Four being four years old, a good detail on the paintwork should make this car look pretty nice.

Black mud guards have been added to the car (don't know if you knew this) and this is my opinion but I dont think they suit it at all. They should be easy enough to whip off if you don't want them though. The wheels are in pretty bad nick and will need a refurb. Every wheel is at least a little kerbed and a couple of the wheels are bubbling.

PERISHABLES

The tyres are the Bridgestone RE040s that come with the car - these have done 20, 000 miles and while they have a little tread will need replaced in the not too distant future. From what I make of the front pads, a fair bit of meat on the outers but the inner pads are getting low (these tend to go first) and it is likely these will need swapped out soon too. Clutch and gear box feels ok.

ELECTRICS

Everything was fine from, horn, air con, heated leather, electric seats, lights, headlight washers, windows, computer trip, central locking, electric door mirrors. Only thing I couldnt check was the CD skipping BOSE issue as there were no cds.

INTERIOR

Again, just needs a really good clean. Leather has a little bit of wear at driver side from entry (this tends to be inevitable) but not so bad that it would put me off the car. A few scuffs on the plastics of the car, particularlt the boot - again nothing too major. The strut in the boot however has several scores so I would be looking to cover this or have it replaced. Otherwise - tidy.

ENGINE

Engine hasn't been modified in any way. The engine was pretty filthy though - dont think its ever been cleaned. Again nothing a good detail won't sort. However, levels were fine, sounded and started ok and there was no gunky white residue on the cap (which is always nice). I checked the trip computer and it had 32mpg average so seems like it has been driven well on motorways without being ragged.

Thats all I can remember but if I recall anything else or you wanna chat to me just drop me a PM. Its a nice car - it just needs a really good detail (but of TLC). I would definately try get money off for the wheels as they need refurbed and I said this to the parents. More ammo for you is the fact that the tyres and pads will need changed in the close future.

Craig :thumbs:

Nice one guys :thumbs: a beer is defo in order i think :drunk:

Aye, a crate for me - I came away with the dirty hands. Neil stood there and looked pretty :lol: Think he was chatting the mum up. :lol::lol: He drove though - fair play to him. The scorpion was nice sounding Neil but it needs a wee y pipe or high flows cats to give it a bit more bite ;):lol: