Pro's & Con's of 20" Rims?

Millzzz

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

A new set of wheels with tyres for £900 or less will either be poor quality wheels or tyres but probably both........why not save a bit more....YHTM is selling a set of Volks on here for £1250 i think......

Also, your tyres only just passed the MOT seven months and your still driving on them??? :surrender:

just get 19 unless its a garage queen/weekend car

It's used most days when I can't be arsed to cycle the 10 miles into work. So . . . .

A new set of wheels with tyres for £900 or less will either be poor quality wheels or tyres but probably both........why not save a bit more....YHTM is selling a set of Volks on here for £1250 i think......

Also, your tyres only just passed the MOT seven months and your still driving on them??? :surrender:

Yah! I know. I doubt I've gone above 70 since then lol. Funds have prevented from sorting the issue but I'm going to throw a bit of money at her to get her sorted . . .

.................. I'm struggling to see one benefit of 20's........................

You're probably right and in that case , is there any benefit in putting 19s on ?

Depends on weight ;) My 19s are lighter than the 18" rays :)

20s will be heavy as hell.

There used to be lots of debate on here in the old days about 18s vs 19s vs 20 & the effect the weights have on the car. Not to mention how poorly some of the cheaper wheels are made, a few of us had had a PWC group B)

This is why I'm asking on here. Any muppet can google it, but you only get a fraction of the info you're probably looking for. On this site, there's a diverse amount of knowledge about this stuff, not just "I like them because they're shiny". I still can't decide though. Those 20"s seem a good deal & I do quite like them. I can't figure out if it'd be worth it though . . . .

& I understand what you mean about quality Ian lol. I bought some Wolfrace Hustles for my old Calibra. Bloody things were falling apart after 6 months! :S

You must check the offsets on Amy's wheels before you buy though ..... if the offsets aren't right you'll end up spending another £200.00 on spacers to get the right stance

:scare: **** the bed! What should I be looking for? (2002 JDM)

You must check the offsets on Amy's wheels before you buy though ..... if the offsets aren't right you'll end up spending another £200.00 on spacers to get the right stance

get a full spec for the wheels and then ask the experts on here .......... I think you're looking for about ET +20 but don't quote me

get a full spec for the wheels and then ask the experts on here .......... I think you're looking for about ET +20 but don't quote me

:snack:

.................. I'm struggling to see one benefit of 20's........................

You're probably right and in that case , is there any benefit in putting 19s on ?

There used to be lots of debate on here in the old days about 18s vs 19s vs 20 & the effect the weights have on the car. Not to mention how poorly some of the cheaper wheels are made, a few of us had had a PWC group B)

I'm sure i was the founder of the PWC :#1:

I bought some Wolfrace Hustles for my old Calibra. Bloody things were falling apart after 6 months! :S

This is a very important quote.

Buy cheap, buy twice.

I absolutely HATE to see people on here buying cheap wheels and tyres. :blush:

I bought some Wolfrace Hustles for my old Calibra. Bloody things were falling apart after 6 months! :S

Buy cheap, buy twice.

+1 but it seems to be the majority these days that buy them, so I've given up caring

I'm sure i was the founder of the PWC :#1:

I always thought it was Val? :p

Buy cheap, buy twice.

I agree! Trouble is I don't know what's high quality & what's not . . .