Seat Ibiza - loan car ! Added Pictures

stanski

The tank is in for some remedial work so they have lent me their demo Seat Ibiza !!!

So following the tradition of reviewing curtosy cars thought I would jot a few words down about it.

It's a citrus green lemon to be brutally honest!

Brand new 1.4 16v sport model 5 door. Sport they say Sport! It couldn't pull skin off custard!

I can honestly say it's one of the worst cars I have ever driven, give me a Nissan Micra instead please!

There is not one thing I like about it. The styling is odd.

When you open the window a bit the rain pees down not only down the door and your arm but also your face, the plastics are supplied by Fischer Price and you are tone death above 40mph due to the rumbling road noise which is amplified by the shape I think?

They have the starter key slot so close to the dash you can hardly turn the key even with the wheel pulled out? The engine has no go but at least it's fairly good on juice although it's no better than my 2 tonne special at the same speeds.

Its ok going round corners but feels tall so you don't get any confidence on it. The front windscreen with the daft front pillars reaching forward is like driving an MPV! The radio controls behind the wheel are in the way of the indicator stalk just above it , everytime I wanted to indicate I would hit the volume up button!

Think it's been designed by committee? Really sorry if anyone has got one on the forum but for me it's a terrible biscuit tin on wheels!!

One more thing the seats grip well but give you backache.

The storage in the boot is average for this class of car but a high bumper waiste line doesn't help. The steering is far too light and you get no feedback at all.

Damn I want my 300c back!

Anyway if your in the Market or one by all means try it but there are so many better cars out there for the money. The only plus point I could find was it did look well put together even though the chosen materials are obviously done to a cost so next time someone Slags off jap interiors point them to your neatest Seat stealer! :shrug:

Pictures added.post-2510-135011882152_thumb.jpg

The styling is odd when you open the window a bit the rain pees down not only down the door and your arm but also your face, the plastics are supplied by Fischer Price and you are tone death above 40mph due to the rumbling road noise which is amplified by the shape I think?

You sure it's not a Z? :lol:

The styling is odd when you open the window a bit the rain pees down not only down the door and your arm but also your face, the plastics are supplied by Fischer Price and you are tone death above 40mph due to the rumbling road noise which is amplified by the shape I think?

You sure it's not a Z? :lol:

Well thats my point - the Zed pees rain onto your arm but not this bad and you can drive with the window open and not be deafened! :headhurt:

for me Skoda are the best built VW's today - even golfs are falling apart! :bangin:

Don't talk to me about golfs, I had one before the Z.

I still glare evilly and spit whenever I see one drive by. :angry:

I think the are the dullest most boring car ever made - the earlier ones were better now they put on middle age spread and stuffed them full of cheap Spanish electrics! Even the T5 transporter van has been sanitised and given the same treatment - lots of owners reporting issues witht the electrics!

Oh well keep Zedding folks :D

Dont let Amanda see this, she loves her little Ibiza :headhurt:

To be fair, its a cheap and cheerful car, and I thought it was quite chuckable, much better than a Micra or Corsa, but no way up there with a Clio. But then hers is the SC version which is a bit sportier 3dr with better interior, seats and suspension.

Chris I am sure Amanda is happy with her Biza but for the one I had it was dissapointing for £13k car?

Maybe the 2 door is better handling I don't know but it's more suited to city driving I am sure.

She driven the 370 yet ? :D;)

I love the Skoda Yeti. Looks ace! In fact I like the whole range at the moment......

Should the Panda ever die (don't let Fran read that :ninja: ), the Yeti is top of the replacement list, well, it is unless Fiat put a bigger engine in the Panda!

Chris I am sure Amanda is happy with her Biza but for the one I had it was dissapointing for £13k car?

Maybe the 2 door is better handling I don't know but it's more suited to city driving I am sure.

She driven the 370 yet ? :D;)

£13k :scare: Hers was sub £10k. She has driven the 370 now and did like it but didnt know if it was 3x as good :lol:

Thanks Stan, thats another one off the list to rplace the Golf. Honda Civic is still in the lead. :)

Bought my missus a new Suzuki swift sport and I'm mighty impressed with it. Handling is amazing and quick for a 1.6vvti, especially if u keep it in the power band through the gears. The interior is a bit plastic but the 2 piece bucket seats and the handling make you see right by this. Great fun

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, Just thought I'd chuck my opinin in.

I have just sold my Mazda 3 to get something bigger. It was a 1.6 D. Now - it won't set the world alight and the plastics aren't the best but it was a great little car, Nothing went wrong, 50mpg and although it is not the fastest it had a fair bit of torque. I really recommend this car if you want a run around that you fill up n' forget. Apparently the old shape mazda 3 MPS wasn't that get, whereas the new shape is pretty good. If you are going for the civic type R get the old shape, or the new shape championship white edition. A friend of mine was a bit disappointed with his new shape standard. If 4 doors is a must .....RX8? :)

and sorry to be boring but.... focus?...(brace for impact). Friend had a 2.0 TDCi and raved about it. Ultimately...drive them all....then buy the fastest :lol:

Have replaced with a Mazda CX-7 after test driving, Nissan Murano, Honda CRV, Nissan X trail and Subaru Forester. All the toys plus the 260hp engine from the mazda 6 MPS, it looks like a sleepy 4x4. Am blown away by it, is an fantastic everyday car that can fit all the baby paraphernalia + 5 adults. Plus it goes like stink.