That's it - I want a new steering wheel..

ikarus

On the way home today I made a decision. I've tried to get used to the stock steering wheel - but I don't like it so it's got to go - it's mostly just too big. I know I will lose the air bag too but I don't really care. Anyone got any after market wheel pics (I know of a few on here with nice wheels - pic whore opportunity :)) and any advice on fitting please?

Greatly appreciated as always :thumbs:

Pic whore op :teeth:

DSC_3368.jpg

DSC_3369.jpg

DSC_2661.jpg

Fitting is pretty straight forward. Just remember to have the wheels straight before starting, disconnect the battery & pump the brake a few times before removing the wheel.

You will need a t30 (could be t20) security screwdriver (its the torx driver with a hole in the top) to remove the 2 security bolts :)

Stock wheel is 370mm, mine is 350mm but you can also get as small as 330mm if you wanted.

If you buy the short hub, it allows you to use a quick release & the wheel is pretty much in the same position as stock or you can just buy the longer hub and not have the quick release which also puts it in a similar position

:thumbs:

Ha ha, I thought you might be along Ian :thumbs:

Your wheel does look awesome, thanks for the advice. The stock wheel position is fine, just the diameter is too big - doesn't need to be much smaller either - made that mistake in my MR2. Yours looks spot on.

How did you got about convincing the air bag light into staying off?

Works bell hubs come with a resistor for the airbag :thumbs: Mine is still flashing though because of the seats :dry:

Be careful when disconnecting the airbag harness because some people in the past have damaged the connector when removing it

DSC_3368.jpg

DSC_3369.jpg

DSC_2661.jpg

Fitting is pretty straight forward. Just remember to have the wheels straight before starting, disconnect the battery & pump the brake a few times before removing the wheel.

You will need a t30 (could be t20) security screwdriver (its the torx driver with a hole in the top) to remove the 2 security bolts :)

Stock wheel is 370mm, mine is 350mm but you can also get as small as 330mm if you wanted.

If you buy the short hub, it allows you to use a quick release & the wheel is pretty much in the same position as stock or you can just buy the longer hub and not have the quick release which also puts it in a similar position

:thumbs:

B)B)B)

I think smudge on here has a momo one? Could be wrong. If he has, I believe he may also be selling it at end of show season.

Good luck.

Cragus one it's stunning and I'm 4th on the list in case the other biders drop out which is unlikely :thumbdown:

OMP quadro or something but custom made in read B) the orinal colour it's yellow

Works bell hubs come with a resistor for the airbag :thumbs: Mine is still flashing though because of the seats :dry:

Be careful when disconnecting the airbag harness because some people in the past have damaged the connector when removing it

Ian do you know If you can use the short hub just on it's own?? I don't want the quick release but the short hub looks better than any others I've seen. :)

Ian do you know If you can use the short hub just on it's own?? I don't want the quick release but the short hub looks better than any others I've seen. :)

I'm not sure if you can. Adam@z1 or Russ@RHD japan would be the best people to ask :thumbs:

I'm not sure if you can. Adam@z1 or Russ@RHD japan would be the best people to ask :thumbs:

Thanks buddy I'll get in touch with them. :thumbs:

Ok i did it,

i ordered a momo tuner, like this one..

DSC04807.jpg

Had to stop myself from wanting the same wheel as Ian though as it looks very cool :lol:

Should get it next week, i'll get some pics up once it's on :)

I went for the zed fitment momo hub for now, i got a package deal at a good price. I wanted to get the wheel on the car first to get an idea of reach etc, then if the momo hub looks and feels naff i'll know what to do with regards to short hub / long hub, spacers etc.. i have no need for quick release personally, although they do look cool.

I went for the zed fitment momo hub for now, i got a package deal at a good price. I wanted to get the wheel on the car first to get an idea of reach etc, then if the momo hub looks and feels naff i'll know what to do with regards to short hub / long hub, spacers etc.. i have no need for quick release personally, although they do look cool.

I hardly ever use my quick release unless showing it off :lol: It does make working on the interior a lot easier though with no wheel in place :D

I had a Nardi steering wheel purchased from Adam at Z1auto along with the bride seats, if you are gonna change the steering wheel you might as well go the whole hog change the seats and get carbon interior :thumbs:B)

That's a very nice interior, tbh i'm already researching seats :lol:

..the spending never ends..

Nice Jay, don't think I ever seen your car.

I really like the OEM wheel, albeit its a bit thin to hold, but I think its snazzy.

Although no longer owned by Jay - one of the nicest zeds on the forum!

1-25.jpg

I had a Nardi steering wheel purchased from Adam at Z1auto along with the bride seats, if you are gonna change the steering wheel you might as well go the whole hog change the seats and get carbon interior :thumbs:B)

:dance: That's such a nice interior!!

(takes notes) :teeth: