Inverness Hotels

nurrish

Inverness isn't the biggest of places Dave. Anywhere 'central' will be walking distance so you'll be ok. Never actually stayed there so can't recommend anything first hand mate. :thumbs:

Inverness isn't the biggest of places Dave. Anywhere 'central' will be walking distance so you'll be ok. Never actually stayed there so can't recommend anything first hand mate. :thumbs:

Yeah had a look on google maps...i hope folk up there are kind to us southerners :lol:

We have pool events in Inverness and we are all up there first weekend in June, we play it in the Chieftain hotel which most people say is decent. Most importantly the Steak Pie is absolutely superb.....

Vouch for the Steak Pie and the quality of the pool tables.

Also "Lock Ins" most nights ;)

Wow what a lovely place Inverness is! The driving was pretty boring on the way but i was amazed to see snow peaked mountains :scare:

Got there around 6:30pm and pretty much went straight out for some food and a beer. Never thought i would be eating kangaroo and ostrich when i first posted this topic :scare: I must say the ostrich was fantastic and the kangaroo was not as nice but still palatable.

Then the most random experience took place in the hootenany bar....My work colleague was chatting to a 51 year old women who had just flown in from Florida on a private charter jet and told us that the pilot was just in the toilet...so a few minutes later he arrives and to our surprise he was 28 , English and lives in fort Lauderdale Florida :scare: then we ask where he is from...he says south Birmingham (where we are from) then he goes on to say he is from wythall (where my work colleague is from) then he tells us he used to work in a pub where my work colleague used to live and knew everyone from the pub that my colleague knew :scare:

At this point we had a few beers and this was so totally overwhelming to have come nearly 500 miles to meet someone from who had just flown in from the other side of the world and to have this connection

Then having woken up the following morning with quite a sore head we had to make our way back to Solihull....My colleague wanted to see loch ness which added about 2 hours onto our journey and took us 10 hours to drive home! Was worth it though with the stunning views and scenery

Nice!

The A9 is boring but has some decent scenery.

You passed Fort Augustus and took in the first and last 3 miles of the hoon! You must have passed the Chalet Park too!

There are some cracking roads! :teeth:

Yes the roads where just breath taking...so many bends and twists with the odd straight here and there! Need to get involved in the hoon this year :drive1

Thats the spirit!

If you liked the roads you were on wait till you see the hoon route in the flesh! (most of it is covered by pics on the forum!)

I'mssuming you didn't encounter any any anti English behavior?

Yes the roads where just breath taking...so many bends and twists with the odd straight here and there! Need to get involved in the hoon this year :drive1

Thats the spirit!

If you liked the roads you were on wait till you see the hoon route in the flesh! (most of it is covered by pics on the forum!)

I'mssuming you didn't encounter any any anti English behavior?

Not really....although after about 6 pints i probably started sounding like a local