Could this be a 313 bhp version??

deank93

Hi All,

I'm on the look out for a decent 350z, ideally a 313 but realistically it will be the 300 version, my search had led me to a rather nice looking 2006/56 model which is being advertised as a 313 version but the pictures show a car with the normal bonnet rather than the bulged bonnet which i understand is to accomidate the taller revised 313 engine.

I've emailed the owner asking various questions regarding history etc and mentioned that i was assuming that the add stating it was the 313 model was a typing error and could he confirm if it was a 276 or 296 model but the owner has come back to me this morning saying that he has been in contact with Nissan GB who have assured him it is a 313 version and has kindly offered me the chassis number so i can make my own checks.

What is the story here? am i mistaken and there are 313 versions with the older style bonnet, i'd be grateful if someone could clarify as i might have fallen in love with this car a little bit.

Thanks for the speedy replys.

If the owner is convinced he has a 313 and he is saying Nissan GB back that how would you suggest i prove other wise to the owner....he must have it priced to sell thinking he has a 313 so if i can provide conclusive evidence it is not a 313 this would put me in an improved positon regarding negotiating a better price.

as above. no way a 313 with that bonnet...it doesnt fit...it has got rays on...unless they are aftermarket its a late 297. ;)

owner who doesnt know his car...i doubt they are aftermarket.. :dry:

check the service book and the clutch m8...he doesnt know his own car!!!! :scare::fool:

I'm suprised the owner doesn't know what car he has too, that does strike me as odd....i can't work out if he is a dealer or private seller.

The pics look like its kept in someones street and there is no link to a dealer website at the bottom of the add like all other dealer adds but the top of the add says ccc limited.

So if it isn't a 313 how can i tell if it is a 296 or a 276?

The rev-up (296bhp) engine redlines at 7000rpm

The non rev-up (276bhp) redlines at 6600rpm

So a simple check of the rev counter should tell you if it is the 296 or 276 bhp model

Thats a trader a trader as well. Best bet is to look on here and find one....... and what ever you do dont buy one from s20004u, yee haa :thumbdown:

I've been keeping an eye on here but not much seems to come up and sadly not the spec I'm after which is why I'm keen on that one which bar price ticks all my boxes.

Whats wrong with S20004u? i had noticed that they seem to have quite a few availalbe.