stick them down properly people!!!!!!!!

sparky370z

i ordered some carbon B-Pillar covers from Scott. :yahoo:

i stuck them on using crap loads of double sided sticky tape. :lol: and one has flown off on the motorway. :angry:

what a bloody pain!! i am now left with one bloody carbon side panel and a horrid load of white sticker on the other side!!!!!!

how annoying! :angry:

i bought some of the carbon vynal from cfoster for £8, more than enought to wrap the B pillar plastis, its crazy how easy it is to do, well worth giving it a go youself and cheaper than buying real carbon ones, especially considering how easy they are to take off and nick

TBH,

i dont like the look of them (i changed my mind). its just annoying!

i am going to wrap them in a black "sparkle" fleck vinyl. which i must add looks the nuts. i will also do the interior with this as well.

Sparky

i know the stuff your refering to i have it at home, used it on a few bits for other people

looks good

• 4 weeks later...

Yo Sparky

Which one do you have left as my mine flew off at the weekend as well :rant::angry::rant:

Cant believe it !!! :rant: Mine were not a great fit tbh and im not bothered if I don't have any more carbon fibre on my car ever again as I have fallen out with the stuff. But.... I used so much friggin double sided tape all fricking over the dam B pillars that it took me 4 damn hours to peel it off while in soak... I missed Britains got Talent final and got ear ache all night from the missus as I wasnt helping out with the baby.... I tell you what I was so so bloody hacked off you wouldnt believe.... To top it all off the B pillars have lost there shine and look crap now..... really dissapointed but the only thing I can think to do is get another cover to hide them :dry:

:cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:

Yo Sparky

Which one do you have left as my mine flew off at the weekend as well :rant::angry::rant:

Cant believe it !!! :rant: Mine were not a great fit tbh and im not bothered if I don't have any more carbon fibre on my car ever again as I have fallen out with the stuff. But.... I used so much friggin double sided tape all fricking over the dam B pillars that it took me 4 damn hours to peel it off while in soak... I missed Britains got Talent final and got ear ache all night from the missus as I wasnt helping out with the baby.... I tell you what I was so so bloody hacked off you wouldnt believe.... To top it all off the B pillars have lost there shine and look crap now..... really dissapointed but the only thing I can think to do is get another cover to hide them :dry:

:cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:

could polish them up surely? :)

Yo Sparky

Flat them with 0000 steel wool and laquer with Halfrauds laq. It works.

Mine flew off and after getting the tape off looked gash.So did the above,sorted. :)

Yo Sparky

Flat them with 0000 steel wool and laquer with Halfrauds laq. It works.

Mine flew off and after getting the tape off looked gash.So did the above,sorted. :)

I did laquer them at the weekend and they are slightly improved. I will try the wool I guess... the whole process has been one costly time consuming mistake unfortunatley :dry: