BB storm 2, advice/help required

sparky370z

hi there people,

i am due an upgrade on my T mobile phone and was wondering if anyone had the BB storm 2.

i currently have the bold 9700 and love it. the internet is fast(ish) and the emails are good.

the only thing im not sure about is the "sure-press" thing that the storm has.

are there any other phones that are good on the market. i use it for emails and internet mostly. would like to stay with T mob as i have friends and family discount with them.

cheers in advance

OK, but TBH, i cannot justify the price plans just for having the "jesus" phone. i mean they want 45 a month and then about £100 for the phone over 24months.

thats just mental! so 45x 24 + 100 = 1180. and that doesnt even get you the greatest deal.

im now looking at the HTC Desire, which looks like it could be good.

i have friends and family on my price plan so therefore half price line rental. i pay about £25 p/m so there for its a £50 plan. thats on a 12 month with decent minutes and the BB email thing (that costs an extra fiver no matter what)

is that the new incarnation of the google phone? i think my mate had the same phone and it was naff! the HTC phones seems to be coming up on the Iphone. the interface is very good and the android software is top notch.

but i like the look of the Storm 2 and like the BB messenger!

i know the Ibone is the "gadget" to have at the mo but

a) dont like apple and the itunes thing

B) its massively overpriced as they know people will pay for it.

c) i want to be different.

HTC Desire seems to be very good, but will pale in comparison to the iPhone 4 - I am an unashmable convert after hating Apple (still hate iTunes though!)

Though on my iphone contract I pay £40 over 18 months and got the phone for £100 (sold the previous phone for £150 so not an issue) so..

40 x 18 + 100 -150 = £670

not too bad when you look at it like that :teeth:

N.B. edited for poor maths skills!

its not that much, ive got a 3Gs on vodafone, and i pay 35 a month on an 18 month contract and i only paid 40 for the phone. best thing i ever did!

what sort of minutes do u get with that tho? i have looked on the VF site and the minutes/texts are rubbish!

OK, but TBH, i cannot justify the price plans just for having the "jesus" phone. i mean they want 45 a month and then about £100 for the phone over 24months.

thats just mental! so 45x 24 + 100 = 1180. and that doesnt even get you the greatest deal.

im now looking at the HTC Desire, which looks like it could be good.

i have friends and family on my price plan so therefore half price line rental. i pay about £25 p/m so there for its a £50 plan. thats on a 12 month with decent minutes and the BB email thing (that costs an extra fiver no matter what)

I got mine 9 months ago and it was £35 a month, + £87 for the phone, over 24 months = £927.

No other phone comes close... infact, i barely use it as a phone, its like a mini laptop.