I'm a Shell V-Power Club Member

Kev946

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just for peoples info - its not quite a fiver for free (as nothing ever is), the nominated person will have to do the following: (from the pluspoints site):

All they have to do once they've signed-up is swipe their card when they fill up their car with at least 35 litres of Shell fuel at least three times within their first month of membership and you'll both receive 750 free pluspoints - that's 750 for you and 750 for them.

Note, according to the above blurb it doesnt have to be V-power - it could be standard unleaded - or even diesel! :teeth:

That shouldn't be a problem at all!!

Kev, you have PM!

I've filled up twice with the new V-Power and something has happened to my fuel consumption......

Computer was reset 2000 miles ago and was running at 25.3 MPG and an average speed of 32 mph. In the last week, it's now 25.5 and rising. No different driving, same trip to work and back and occasional A / B road play. Coincidence??

Just for peoples info - its not quite a fiver for free (as nothing ever is), the nominated person will have to do the following: (from the pluspoints site):

All they have to do once they've signed-up is swipe their card when they fill up their car with at least 35 litres of Shell fuel at least three times within their first month of membership and you'll both receive 750 free pluspoints - that's 750 for you and 750 for them.

Note, according to the above blurb it doesnt have to be V-power - it could be standard unleaded - or even diesel! :teeth:

That shouldn't be a problem at all!!

Kev, you have PM!

I've filled up twice with the new V-Power and something has happened to my fuel consumption......

Computer was reset 2000 miles ago and was running at 25.3 MPG and an average speed of 32 mph. In the last week, it's now 25.5 and rising. No different driving, same trip to work and back and occasional A / B road play. Coincidence??

Done.

Mike didn't get an email so I've entered him again. I'm assuming everyone else has?

It certainly is interesting.

It's not like a typo on the Irish site. It's on the FAQ page under V-Power.

"What's the octane rating of Shell V-Power?

Shell V-Power has an octane rating of 95 - the same as regular unleaded petrol."

I never liked Optimax in my Celica. It didn't state what RON it had on the pump where as other suppliers did. It also made no noticable difference to the car but others did. In the Z V-Power seems to run more smoothly but haven't noticed a power difference to the stock unleaded.

Guy

It certainly is interesting.

It's not like a typo on the Irish site. It's on the FAQ page under V-Power.

"What's the octane rating of Shell V-Power?

Shell V-Power has an octane rating of 95 - the same as regular unleaded petrol."

I never liked Optimax in my Celica. It didn't state what RON it had on the pump where as other suppliers did. It also made no noticable difference to the car but others did. In the Z V-Power seems to run more smoothly but haven't noticed a power difference to the stock unleaded.

Guy

I'm sure I've read in other posts that both V Power and Optimax in Ireland were 95 RON. Wasn't Optimax called V Power in the rest of Europe and had different RON depending on which country you bought it in? :headhurt:

Quote taken from this website:-

http://www.shell.com/home/Framework?siteId=uk-en&FC2=/uk-en/tailored/shell_for_motorists/fuels/vpower_p/zzz_lhn.html&FC3=/uk-en/tailored/shell_for_motorists/fuels/vpower_p/vpower_p_about_ga_1602.html

In developing Shell V-Power we have built on the highly successful performance platform achieved with Shell Optimax. Shell V-Power is designed to provide even higher levels of performance and bring drivers further enhancements in responsiveness. The improved formulation features higher octane (99 RON), higher detergency and use of Shell's unique Friction Modification Technology, as used by the Ferrari Formula One team in its 2006 Race fuels.

So unless they have a different marketing name in Ireland?

And V-Power FAQs

http://www.shell.com/home/Framework?siteId=uk-en&FC2=/uk-en/tailored/shell_for_motorists/fuels/vpower_p/zzz_lhn.html&FC3=/uk-en/tailored/shell_for_motorists/fuels/vpower_p/vpower_p_faqs_ga_1602.html

From a quick flick over a number of Shell sites, it looks like the octane rating does vary by market. Italy quotes 100, Singapore 98, Ireland 95, Turkey 95 and UK 99.

Looks like it's just a brand name and not a guarantee that it is the same stuff in the tank!!