20 inch Tyre pressure

ToffeeZ

tyre pressure doesn't change with the difference in sizes. your still inflating it to the same pressure.

if the wheels bigger there is less space to it is quicker to get to that pressure. but at the end of the day it will be the same as the one the manufacturer set out.

You should alter pressure dependant on tyre selection, not size. For example, stock RE040s should be run at 35psi, T1Rs at 37psi (due to the softer sidewalls) and PS2s at 33psi (due to the harder sidewalls). On top of that you've got stuff like the R888s which should be run at daft pressures (27psi!) due to them being able to get very hot and very sticky very quickly.

You should alter pressure dependant on tyre selection, not size. For example, stock RE040s should be run at 35psi, T1Rs at 37psi (due to the softer sidewalls) and PS2s at 33psi (due to the harder sidewalls). On top of that you've got stuff like the R888s which should be run at daft pressures (27psi!) due to them being able to get very hot and very sticky very quickly.

I'm running Falken 452's all-round :thumbs:

• 1 month later...

Yeah, I think common sense prevails here, most tyres are around 30 to 35psi, you just monitor, check for unusual tyre wear, and adjust pressures to suit your driving style, I think 35psi is a good place to start....

What should RE050's be - same as 40's?

I have 245/30/20 front and 285/30/20 on the rear they all have 36 to 37 psi tyre pressure..My question is , Is that the correct tyre pressure ?

Mate apologies for being a bit off topic here, did you buy tyres? if so, how much and where from? cheers dude

I got mine in early May, fronts from Camskills and rears from Pneus-online (http://www.tyres-pneus-online.co.uk/) as they were only £5 more than camskills who didn't have any in stock :thumbs: