My 350z is rubbish - advice on getting my own back

pubtricks

troll_spray.jpg

:lol:

:lol:

Sorry to hear about your problems, strange few things happening there too with the inlet gasket and the airbag... what car did you have 7 years ago?

Your BIGGEST problem was that you didnt join this forum SOONER! :thumbs:

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To close off this thread I have a couple of comments:

1. Mine was one of the first so I hope you don't see the same over the coming years.

2. A powerful car should have more engineering, that is why it costs more to buy.

3. Nissan customer service, like all big companies don't care about the end user.

4. Why do we accept that car dealers are allowed to provide poor service.

Good luck with your cars and have fun :)

To close off this thread I have a couple of comments:

1. Mine was one of the first so I hope you don't see the same over the coming years.

Mine is a 03 so same but not same probs as you...

2. A powerful car should have more engineering, that is why it costs more to buy.

? It's pretty cheap compared to other similar power vechiles

3. Nissan customer service, like all big companies don't care about the end user.

True

4. Why do we accept that car dealers are allowed to provide poor service.

I never get a car at the stealer...

Good luck with your cars and have fun :)

Thanks

:drunk::evil:

Can we delete this thread now? It's a bit... theexperience_hud.gif

how much was it for a clutch and flywheel?

Fitted was £1,700

:scare:

My new clutch and fly cost ~£800 inc fitting from CS on here. :thumbs:

Although you have had a pants experience in general with Nissan, I hope you have learnt the importance of signing up to owners clubs ;)

Join a car forum before you purchase the car and you should be in a better position when these problems occur, i know coming on here first prepared me for a few things.

I was on the first waiting list for the car, so there was no history. My lesson is never buy a car that is generation #1 from new. Buy a used car that is generation #2 or #3. I think a Cayman revised model is the sensible thing to buy next.

You are missing cookiemonsters point about help being around - you have owned a ZED for 6 years but have just 8 posts recorded on here - had you contacted the forum as soon as you started having problems the chances are that with the range of expertise that abounds on here I am sure your experince with the car would have been a lot better.

I originally joined the forum back in late 2005 and it is through the help, advice, knowledge and chance to meet other ZED owners that I am now on my 3rd ZED and in the process avoided some of the issues you have had. Knowing which dealers offer a good a back-up and those that don't is invaluable and yes we all get frustrated by Nissan's rather poor customer services (compared to say Honda) but at the end of the day the ZED still represents huge value for the money.

Having said that, it is always sad to hear of someone having woes, but I really think you ought to take your experince as a lesson to join a forum like this to help you through the not so good times. ;)

I have had a fair bit of experience with Nissan customer services and find them pretty good. I dont have the same opinion of some dealers. Nissan customer services have to deal with bad dealers all the time and whilst I agree that more could be done to bring then up to standard its not going to happen.

I was in fact talking to Nissan UK today about this very issue.

In my view this forum plugs the gap left by the dealers and saves us all a lot of money. :)

Dear Moderator,

You kind of sum up well but the car companies should be doing a better job. People's views are here are a bit one sided as you all own the car. Human nature makes it hard for us to say we made a mistake, buying a 350Z for me was a mistake and I should have added 5K and got a caymen or boxster. A car that has been adjusted over the years will not have so many build issues.

The 370Z i'm sure will be a much better car as they will have fixed all the common problems, even the 06 350Z is better than the orginal as some of the common faults have been addresses. Being first in means you become a long term tester for their next platform. That is the biggest mistake I made and I had to pay to be that tester.

And remember guys, when that red light starts flashing for the air bag make sure you come down hard on nissan customer services.

I know of two separate people who have owned Boxters. If we're talking in terms of £problems per mile driven, your 'problems' are nothing compared to what both of them experienced. The fact of the matter is that there is a good reason why garages exist. They happen to earn their money from doing things other than servicing and MOTs. Whatever car you buy, you will experience issues of some kind if you drive it the best part of 100k miles. As for dealerships, I've recently been to a Porsche dealer and a Maserati/Ferrari dealer who very openly ignored and dismissed me and were extremely unhelpful with any questions I had. Especially the latter. Go figure.

Heres a break down of my car:

2004 53 plate

Exhaust replaced 45k

Clutch and fly still in great condition

Window motor driver side failed

Bose system no longer plays cd's

Slight wear in Driver seat Leather

The exhaust was replaced for a nismo but i expected it would after reading about how many people had the mid pipe and back box connection break off. Expected means i accounted for it so im happy.

The clutch has covered 50k and feels fine but i know in the

next 10k its going to need replacing. Again i expect this so i can budget for it for much less than you paid here:

http://www.350z-uk.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=38&t=27436

Window motor is a common problem and there is a link on here on how to take the door apart or purchase one from here:

http://www.350z-uk.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=35373&p=527545&hilit=window+motor%23#p527545

Im guessing you paid more than £50?

The bose speaker was fixed this way:

http://www.350z-uk.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=35&t=21318&start=0

This list can go on, with several different traders and member traders doing similar products to the ones i have quickly listed. What im trying to say is its forums that help massively, and hope this helps you with the next car you own. I agree you dont want problems to happen and perhaps the zed isnt the best car for the price you pay, but its very very close for what im after!

Without wishing to derail the thread, I bought another marque which cost a lot more than the z, and I had no problem in admitting I wish I hadn't. If a car is crap, it's crap wheter I own one of not.

However, it's generally not the car or it's faults that sour the experience, but the way the manufacturer or dealer takes care of you when things go wrong. In my case, my car had relatively minor problems, paintwork aside, but the attitude from the dealer and jaguar ensured I shall never, ever purchase one of their cars again.

You've suffered some reasonably common faults with your car, and I can't help but think a better dealership response coupled with the community spirit here would have made the experience so much more tollerable.

Now you've found us, perhaps we can work on your zed making you smile again :)

Has he still the car?

Yes, I still have.

It's waiting to have the inlet manifold gasket work done.

All I want know is a way to tell someone senoir at Nissan about my problems, but as with all customer service in big companies the people on the phones have no power to think out side of the box. In my business (software) I ensure all customer I work with are happy and help them all the way.

Dont even bother trying to get through to senior management, they wont care. 1 person is what as a percentage of total UK sales for Nissan? Diddly squat! They dont care what you think, you've already bought the car.

Best you can do is ask around for good garages and get the stuff you need doing at a good inderpendant and save a ton on not going to the dealer. Thats how you hurt Nissan now, dont give them any more business ;)

^^what Chris said..i had similar experience with the Nissan stealer..they charged me £2000 for labour for stripping the engine down. What a bunch of w£$kers :rant: And you wonder why German cars get better names and reputation than Japanese cars. If u ever need anything in the future..ask people here. I am not a technical minded person even though i like cars but i have learnt a lot from here in the last 6 months about the car :thumbs: We all live and learn. I doubt my next car would be a Nissan given their appaling Customer Service. Don't bother writtng a letter of complaint to the business manager at the stealer or even the complaint manager at the Head Office. Al they do is keep saying sorry on the f34king phone..sometimes that is just not good enough :bang:

^^what Chris said..i had similar experience with the Nissan stealer..they charged me £2000 for labour for stripping the engine down. What a bunch of w£$kers :rant: And you wonder why German cars get better names and reputation than Japanese cars.

I very much doubt that's the whole story, or that any of the German brands would have a cheaper hourly labour rate than Nissan.

Tbh (and this isn't directed in particular at the guy I've quoted) I can't help but wonder if people are complaining in the wrong way. Everyone makes mistakes, even car manufacturers, and of course it's how they deal with those mistakes afterwards that's important. Some cars are just naturally Friday-afternoon-assembled-by-the-work-experience-boy specials, that's life sadly, and some brands suffer more than others (just ask the Lotus and TVR owners!). I've had cause to complain on occasion with both the Zed and a couple of previous cars (strangely enough not the VXR220 though) and every time I put forth my case in a straight forward and polite manner, never raising my voice nor using naughty language either in person or in writing. Every time I've had to do this I've been treated with respect and courtesy, and all issues were solved to my satisfaction.

Maybe I've been exceedingly lucky and got dealerships who really wanted to help, or maybe it's because I've been polite about things I've managed to get my issues resolved. I'm not saying that anyone in this thread hasn't been the same way, I'm just merely making an observation. :)

Tbh (and this isn't directed in particular at the guy I've quoted) I can't help but wonder if people are complaining in the wrong way. Everyone makes mistakes, even car manufacturers, and of course it's how they deal with those mistakes afterwards that's important. Some cars are just naturally Friday-afternoon-assembled-by-the-work-experience-boy specials, that's life sadly, and some brands suffer more than others (just ask the Lotus and TVR owners!). I've had cause to complain on occasion with both the Zed and a couple of previous cars (strangely enough not the VXR220 though) and every time I put forth my case in a straight forward and polite manner, never raising my voice nor using naughty language either in person or in writing. Every time I've had to do this I've been treated with respect and courtesy, and all issues were solved to my satisfaction.

Maybe I've been exceedingly lucky and got dealerships who really wanted to help, or maybe it's because I've been polite about things I've managed to get my issues resolved. I'm not saying that anyone in this thread hasn't been the same way, I'm just merely making an observation. :)

I'm afraid that whilst this is a nice theory it is simply down to luck of the draw who you are dealing with and their attitude to complaints. I always start by putting forward any issue in a calm and polite manner and sometimes it bears fruit, sometimes it doesn't. There's no hard and fast rule.

^^what Chris said..i had similar experience with the Nissan stealer..they charged me £2000 for labour for stripping the engine down. What a bunch of w£$kers :rant: And you wonder why German cars get better names and reputation than Japanese cars.

I very much doubt that's the whole story, or that any of the German brands would have a cheaper hourly labour rate than Nissan.

No Ekona..German cars hasn't got cheaper hourly labour rate..but their customer service is second to none. I know that because i have had an Audi and BMW in the past! And please don't assume that i am over exaggerating stuffs about the poor Nissan customer service..have a read through my previous thread about the Nissan garage in Mansfield. And it will all be clear. :angry: