help!!!!!!! advice needed urgently

jme 350z

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you took out an HP agreement on the car then contact the HP company immediately as they own the car and not you and they will start the ball moving for you. ;)

If you paid cash or a bank loan then that course of action would be fruitless.

Also report to your local Trading Standards first thing in the morning.

sorry to hear this!!!

i bought my Zed from S2000 4u!! they were a complete bunch of jokers!! esp Steve! he was the worst. they mucked me about with the finance on the car and refused to settle the outstanding balance from my previous car!

luckily my Zed has been good and the problems i wanted fixing before i picked up the car were sorted.

i have heard nothing but bad stories about them on other forums as well

the guy that was going to buy my ST lost out big time to them after he gave them a deposit to secure the car. he then had a massive accident in his own car and couldnt afford my ST due to being off work. they would not refund him the 500 quid even tho he turned up in a wheel chair and asked politely.

my best advice is to try and speak to the owner of the garage, not the F**king idiots that sell the cars. he was quite reasonable and sorted things quickly.

i would not even look at the cars in that place ever again. just due to the poor service from the staff.

if u can get some pics up of the underside of your car!

hey, if u want a rear section of zorst, you can HAVE my old one. was gonna sell it but if u want it, its yours. i live in sutton, surrey mate! :thumbs:

good luck

so what will they say if i ring up saying that i've had enough of the problem and want my money back, do i have the right legally to do so being owner for 28 days???
You have to give them reasonable opportunity to make good any repairs.

Yeah, that. Jump through the legal hoops first so that there is no comeback on you, and if you still get nowhere then speak to a solicitor and take it from there.

Seriously, Don't pay any money out of your own pocket for a solicitor.

In all honesty you won't get anywhere with it in my opinion.

two thirds of ALL complaints that trading standards get are for car dealers.

It's been going on for years and they all still seem to be around.

Go to trading standards and also approach the garage and ask them to put things right.

DON'T get angry with them, they deal with angry people all the time and just laugh at them. but if you're nice as pie they might just help you out a little bit.

That's the best advise i can give.

+1 on Watchdog, cant wait to watch that episode!

Feel for you mate, dont think the car is clocked just because the clutch and pads are gone.. might have been hard driven and possible someone playing with the clutch (use it instead of using brakes and neutral at stops blipping etc).

What I'd recommend you to do to put the car right and actually for YOU to put your mind at rest is to take it to one of the traders on here that has a good rep, not sure where you're located so not sure which garage is the closest to you. I'd do that BEFORE I let some AA crowd look at it. How much less (if any) did you pay for this car then other similar adverstised cars?

Feckers should be shot anyway, why go to a trader and pay a premium really?! ffs! :rant::evil:

That's where I got mine from!! Didn't realise they are so dodgy and saw a lot of good reviews on the interweb, guess I was looking in the wrong place!! :bangin:

Will agree Steve is a *****, one of those people who will tell you all the details about the car....wrong.... which when your a petrolhead is the MOST annoying thing a salesman can do. Mine had done 35,000 or so miles and was obvious from the pictures before I brought it that the brakes would need doing but I was planning on changing them anyway.

Also when I picked the car up he brought it round and said that he'd put £20 of petrol in it and the petrol station was just up the road... got in it, figured out where all the controls were and such and set off shortly after realising that the thing was running on fumes! Went back and showed him the £71 receipt for filling the tank and politely asked for £20... he was kind of taken a back I think.... but got the £20 out of him.... the cheeky w**k**

I've so far not had any other issues, was reassued by the many posts on here about the noisy transmission but the clutch seems solid enough. Guess I've been lucky!!

That's where I got mine from!! Didn't realise they are so dodgy and saw a lot of good reviews on the interweb, guess I was looking in the wrong place!! :bangin:

Will agree Steve is a *****, one of those people who will tell you all the details about the car....wrong.... which when your a petrolhead is the MOST annoying thing a salesman can do. Mine had done 35,000 or so miles and was obvious from the pictures before I brought it that the brakes would need doing but I was planning on changing them anyway.

Also when I picked the car up he brought it round and said that he'd put £20 of petrol in it and the petrol station was just up the road... got in it, figured out where all the controls were and such and set off shortly after realising that the thing was running on fumes! Went back and showed him the £71 receipt for filling the tank and politely asked for £20... he was kind of taken a back I think.... but got the £20 out of him.... the cheeky w**k**

I've so far not had any other issues, was reassued by the many posts on here about the noisy transmission but the clutch seems solid enough. Guess I've been lucky!!

ahaaaa :dance: WATCHDOG NOW!

in a way it's nice to see im not the only one who knows what there like!! maybe its not clocked but the hasle's of every thing have just driven me mad. i am in fleet hants!! anyone near me?? if its only the exhaust thats the problem then do i just make them pay for it or do you think i still have the right to get my money altogether!!! if someone is available to help im willing to drive!! :rant::bang::boxing:

hahahahahaha

that was the same for me!! i put 20 in my ST before giving it to them, but the Zed barely had enough fuel to get up to guildford. i said whats the deal and he said i'll chuck 20 quid in. so i went to the garage and put 80 quid in, went back and asked for the 20 and he seemed shocked!!!! :bangin:

but luckily had no problems with the car (touch wood)

in a way it's nice to see im not the only one who knows what there like!! maybe its not clocked but the hasle's of every thing have just driven me mad. i am in fleet hants!! anyone near me?? if its only the exhaust thats the problem then do i just make them pay for it or do you think i still have the right to get my money altogether!!! if someone is available to help im willing to drive!! :rant::bang::boxing:

TBH u have got two hopes of getting a full refund!! just go down with pics of the exhaust and ask them to fix it! after all, u are within the 3 months warrenty period.

do i just make them pay for it or do you think i still have the right to get my money altogether

For fear of repeating myself yet again, you have to give them reasonable opportunity to make good any repairs. That's not my words, that's what the law says, so do that first and if they don't fix the issues then you will have some kind of recourse via the court system. If you march in and demand your money back they are (quite rightly) going to tell you to naff off. Please try searching the interweb for this kind of information, it really is all over the place.

Tbh the amount of people who go to S2K4U, moan about the lack of knowledge AND the crappy customer service and then still go on to buy a car really puzzles me. If someone's being an arse when I'm trying to give them money they're not going to be any better afterwards, so I just wouldn't give them my money in the first place. :dry:

spoke to an independant advisor who deals with dodgy cars etc. he seemed to think the millage was proper. but also said how poor they seemed as a company! he has told me to write to the previous owner asking for info and in the mean time resolve current issue's with the garage and see what they offer in terms of fixing it so lets see what happens!!! wish i had heard about them before........... :rant::rant::rant::rant::rant::rant::rant::rant:

I got my Z from s20004u in November, compared to some other dealers I spoke to they seemed to know a bit about the car and they seemed to have a lot of them go through their books so I thought it all looked good.

I haven't had any problems with the car, it had done 72k when I got it and almost upto 78k now (what can I say I love to drive it!) so i'm sorry to hear of other having bad experiences, looks like I was one of the lucky ones.

I know nothing about cars really, but the thought of a 6 year old car thats done 25k scares me a little, whats it done its whole life other than sit around? Has it only been driven a few miles on weekends like a nutter or to a track and someone thrashed the living daylights out of it? I'm much happier that I got a 'repmobile' thats done 1,000s of motorway miles and been serviced at least twice a year for 6 years because I intend to use it everyday not as a weekend bit of fun. Only thing that bugs me is the millions of stone chips but I can live with that... for now...

They actually gave me a very good trade in, I bought a 55 plate Hyundai Coupe in December 08, put about 10k on the clock, had the front bumper scraped nastily by someone just before I traded it and only lost £250 on it :D

Its only since meeting a couple of fellow members on here that I realised I got clear front reflectors and newer LED rear lights too ( which is nice ) B)

I guess in the same way you can have the odd bad experience from a good dealer, you can sometimes have a rare good experience from a crap one.... :yahoo:

When i was looking for my s2000 i went there to look at what they had, they didnt seem to have a clue and a few of the cars had been repaired quite badly, when i asked them what had happened to the cars to warrent some paint work they just simply told me that they have never had any paint and were cherished examples.When they realized that i wasnt going to buy one of there cars they got snotty .There attitude stinks......... but this was my experience.

right peeps!!! went to nissan this avo and was told about the exhaust and advised to have the clutch looked at so.... i have been back too s2000 and complained about the exhaust and clutch.... then moved onto the paint work which was done badly and the wheels which were also done badly!! i have been assured to call back in the morning and get the car booked in to have all the work done. will they actually do it all though mmmmm... not so sure, but i've been told to give them a chance to put it right.

but yeah would be nice to meet up if anyone wants to meet somewhere near half way for a pint!!!!

right peeps!!! went to nissan this avo and was told about the exhaust and advised to have the clutch looked at so.... i have been back too s2000 and complained about the exhaust and clutch.... then moved onto the paint work which was done badly and the wheels which were also done badly!! i have been assured to call back in the morning and get the car booked in to have all the work done. will they actually do it all though mmmmm... not so sure, but i've been told to give them a chance to put it right.

but yeah would be nice to meet up if anyone wants to meet somewhere near half way for a pint!!!!

Hope you get it all sorted out fella, like a few guys have said you have to give them a chance to put it right before you can do anything really. I wouldn't stress over the exhaust too much its a popular thing to change on here so you could pick up a standard one thats someone has taken off pretty cheap or even for free in some cases if you pick them up. Or why not use it as an excuse to get a better one straight away?

blimey, how lucky do i feel right now?

went up to S20004U also to look at Zeds, and was tempted just because they are all there parked up

in front of you. Trouble is, I had already done my research so I realised quite quickly that their Zeds are actually

quite ratty condition compared to what you can get from a lot of private sellers.

Also, they are selling cars for the price of a one year newer car elsewhere so it's just not a good

deal whichever way you look at it.

The thing with Zed's is that they are impressive in the flesh even in slightly less desirable condition,

I think that dealer thrives on impulse buyers, of which I am not one luckily.

I walked away that day and a few weeks later secured a pristine yellow GT4...phew..!

But I had no idea S20004U had such a bad rep. having been there I can't say I'm surprised though.