help!!!!!!! advice needed urgently

jme 350z

my back box has cracked off my exhaust before the join to the centre section as most of you already no!! i had only bought the car 4 weeks ago!! so i took it to a garage for them to look at it and advise me .......they looked at the underside of the car and all the exhaust corrosion and brake and clutch and they dont think its a car thats done 25k miles. they think its been clocked and have advised a full aa vehicle check then maybe a full refund on the car!!!! can anyone help with this info please

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Exhausts don't last 5 mins anyway, and the Zed can eat clutches. Tbh probably nothing to worry about, what does the service book and MOTs tell you about the mileage? What about the interior wear, especially the drivers seat bolster?

sounds like you need a full AA inspection done :blush: saying that, the clutch on a zed does often go quickly. that exhaust joint is a very frequent one to rust through. and the brakes are dependant on the way it was driven :shrug: what do the seats, gear knob, pedals(worn?) etc look like?

Sorry to hear this mate :surrender:

Where did you buy the car? How old is it?

It could very well have only done 25k miles but lived outside its whole life and been driven like a b*tch...

You do obviously need a second opinion though :thumbs:

its not unknown for the exhausts to go at an early age and low mileage.

is it UK or JDM

if its JDM i don't think they get a good underseal compared to UK cars,

unusual for brakes to be out by 25k would expect about 35-40k

shame if it has

Surely you can tell the mileage of the car from:-

Wear on the seats, carpet, pedals, Gearknob etc.

Stone chips (tiny) on windscreen.

Stonechips on bumper if not resprayed.

Previous MOT's?

Service history?

I wouldn't put too much weight on the condition of the exhaust as the car may have only done a low amount of miles but the mild steel (or tin!) of the exhaust will be rusting even as the cars sitting around.

Also the back box issue is a common problem with 350's.

thank you all for your thoughts!! its a 2004 uk car with 25k. wear isn't bad inside the car lots of painted over stone chips on the front. the garage said the gearbox sounded abit whinning and noisy! bought it from s2000 4u near alton!!

Oh F**K s2004u?!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just save yourself the :bang: and get yourself straight to Trading Standards mate.

Wasn't there new legislation just recently to help with situations like this where a used car develops significant problems within such a short period of time?

If it is a case of the car has definitely been clocked then you might be able to get trading standards on to it.

But how do you check these things?

Did you do a HPI check on the car before you bought it? If not that's what I'd do first.

The aa check will check the mechanics of the car but the garage can just claim that you're an unlucky sod and these things happen, especially after 25k and 6 years or so.

apparantly they now have the power to find all info on previous mot's and services to check for milage etc!! they said they were going to do some bits for me like paint work etc which was done poorly and some things left! said they would pay for my cherished transfer and 6 months tax which they backed out of both!! i have had the car for 28 days do i have the right to return the car and get my money back?? (even if that includes threatening them to court) :boxing:

although i do have the paperwork for my old car (which they made over a 2k profit on)

so what will they say if i ring up saying that i've had enough of the problem and want my money back, do i have the right legally to do so being owner for 28 days??? been on the s2000 forum reading constant abuse and problems about them!!! no got the one they had. all service millage seems ok and talies up with last mot etc!!! what do i do???

i think you may end up out of pocket on this one, not sure there is much you can do, you need to have solid proof they sold you a lemon basically to be able to get anythingout of them. you can try threatening court action etc, but as said before you need to give them the opportunity to put right the errors.

as for S20004U big dodgyness wrapped up ina big bundle of dodge with a side order of super dodgy.

so many poeple on here have complained about them, just do a search.

might be worth collating the complaints about them off the tinternet and contacting watchdog