jag

Husky

Not entitled to an opinion on the other thread?

Jaguar suck - plain and simple. Their customer service is abysmal, the quality of the TWO cars we purchased is the worst of any we have owned - and the litterature to which the MD puts his name telling us about just what a privelidged ownership experience we will get is nothing short of bare faced LIES in my opinion.

The car may drift well, but so do many other cars from manufacturers that actually give a toss about their customers.

Bearing in mind that this site ranks number one on google for many searches not even remotely connected to the 350Z, and receive probably more visits than Jaguars own site, Im quite happy to respond to any Jaguar post with my personal view of their service and their cars. Eventually this site will start ranking high when people are searching for Jaguar XF material, which will suit me down to the ground.

My local BMW garage had to chuckle to themselves when I relayed the story about our two Jaguars to them. I have actually given them permission to pass my contact details as an XF owner onto anyone who states they are considering a Jaguar instead of their BMW. If Jaguar / Hatfields dont want to spend a single penny compensating me for two shoddy vehicles and the fact I had to spend over £500 on solicitors costs for them to still deny that the vehicle was defective, then I shall meter my own justice by ensuring as many people hear about my experience and form their own opinions as possible.

If my company provides a service to a customer that is below that of which myself or my brother has said will be provided then I will personally speak to that customer to resolve the issue.

Our company has refunded customers in full for any losses occuring due to negligence that wasnt even ours, and we have even had directors of suppliers we market for personally visit customers to refund monies as little as £50 when they have caused customers to lose out.

What I don't do is provide my clients with markeing material stating one thing, provide something totally different and then have the audacity, nay bare faced cheek to not even respond in person.

We specifically have a section of this forum where people can air their disatisfaction about particular suppliers and or dealerships. This is done not only so other customers can be warned, but so those dealerships in question may see the error of their ways and resolve the problems, restoring their reputation. There are numerous threads on here where people have been far from complimentary about Nissan, take Martins roof woes threads for example.

I have tried airing my issues on Jaguar forums, but unfortunately negative responses about the XF on a Jaguar forum will see you baned and the posts removed within the blink of an eye.

Oh and the last company I worked for did **** people off. The employees. They asked us as managers to tell the staff one thing but behind closed doors were secretly saying another (relating to performance reviews). I was not prepared to lie to staff that I considered friends, so I did leave. I forefeited over £15k in redundancy for the sake of my principals along the way. If I read something written by a director of a company, I expect them to stand behind it.

Childish thing to say? Tell you what - you spend nigh on 100 grand of your own money to be treated worse than if you bought a toaster, and then see what you feel like writing when someone posts up about that product?

You posted about a Jag on the 350Z other cars section and I posted my reply. Feel free to post about your 350z woes on the Jaguar forum.

Perhaps your annoyance at my responses to these Jaguar threads gives you some understanding on just how the vast majority ofthe team felt when having to clear up 8 billion off topic posts resulting in the cretion of the green room in the first place?

I havent singled you out as a bad egg at Jaguar, I have singled out the MD as not having the backbone to address this problem personally even though I wrote to him personally, and Ive singled out the dealership as providing totally pathetic service that is not in line with the Jaguar MD's words on the marketing material. It appears nobody with the authority to do anything about this at Jaguar seems remotely interested in doing so. That in itself is a recipie for failure whether I wish it or not.

If anyone at Jaguar is that bothered about little old me writing about my experiences on the internet and giving a negative review to anyone who ever asks me about the car in person thanks to the service given to me by Hatfields, whom Jaguar deem fit to sell their products, then perhaps they could dig out my address from what will no doubt be a big file they have on me in customer service and write to me asking what they can do to change my opinion. That however would require an element of customer focus to be rattling around somewhere.

In all fairness though Husky, if I had spent that kind of money on a car, I would expect jaguar to kiss my ass and look after me. To me there are two issues here - the quality of jags as a product and customer service.

I think you have been extremely unlucky with your jag Chesterfield and sadly the customer service hasn't been there to correct the situation. Things could of been different though - you car could of had no issues, like most jags I am sure and in turn you would have had no need to rely on jags customer service (heavily anyway) - your impression of jaguar may of been quite different.

I have jag XKR as a courtesy car just now and i am really impressed with the quality of the product - I cant comment on the helpfulness of staff or customer service though.

I think what I am trying to say is all car manufactorers are going to have some people that slate them because a buying experience hasn't went as it should. I am not saying it is right but it happens - just look at the different levels of service that Nissan dealerships offer.

InBeforeTheLock1.jpg

:blush::blush::blush::blush::lol:

Dont get me wrong Husky, this is not aimed at you personally, I appreciate that you tried to help me as much as possible, and I dare say that were you in a position at the company to prevent service like this, then I would not hold such contempt for Jaguar and Hatfields as it would have been sorted.

Sadly as is often the case, the people tha have the customer focus that would see a company shine are not given the opportunity to make it happen. You are not even involved in the area of customer service, yet you appear to have a greater understanding of it than the MD. That is quite simply wrong. The most important person in ANY business is the customer. You get it, others get it, but the MD and the customer service department dont ?

The Customer Service director of the dealership actually said, and Im quoting to the best of my recolectin here "I fail to understand why you feel you should be compensated".

He fails to understand why a customer (our business) after spending nearly £100k, and having both brand new vehicles repaired twice, would feel they are owed some form of compensation. And he is a Customer Service director?

Again, dont take it personaly Husky, its not you but the Company (and dealership) as a whole that I am directing my anger at, specifically the heads of each whose reponsibility it is to ensure customers like myself with such negative views are not created.

Anyway - about the drifting of the XF, Never done it in mine, although I did get the tyres squealing once even though I had the traction control on. I didnt think the car woul let the whels spin with the TC on, especially on dry tarmac, but a sharp take off from the lights did just that.

The XF is a mighty heavy car to drift with I would have thought.

Its as frustrating for me as you mate but its a sticky situation. In all honesty it sounds as if that dealership is the pits :thumbdown:

i remember them altering the xfs traction to give you that little squeel, they had tuned it out so it was perfect but all the managers said it made it dull and needed a bit of give in the TC to get a smile.

i reckon you could only drift that thing in the soaking wet :boat:

Yep, I did go down the solicitors route. The main culprits here as Husky says are the dealership, who in my opinion acted like a bunch of cowboys. When the car went in for "inspection", it also got repaired again - without my knowledge or indeed authorisation. They then wrote back to my solicitor disputing all my claims, saying the car is fine come and collect it. Giving me no chance of now having my own expert inspect and report on the faulty work, as they had now covered it up. Making the furthering of legal action almost pointless.

However Jaguar need to take some responsibility. In my opinion if they saw that a customer was being treated in this fashion then they should have stepped in, but they didn't, and what's more they appear happy to let Hatfields carry on selling their product and representing them.

Anyway - back to the drifting. The XFS has 600Nm torque, the XFR has only 25Nm more at 625Nm, although the XFR does have getting on for couble the bhp at 510 rather than the 275 of the XFS.

With the traction control off and the S and dynamic modes on, I reckon the XFS could light the tyres almost as easily. Maintaining that tye spin while drifting on dry tarmac though would not be as easy. If I get the oportunity and my speed limiter (Tracy) is not on board, Ill give it a whirl and let you know. :lol:

I note in the article Husky previously posted that the track for the XFR looked decidedly wet too. Its a bloody heavy car to drift I would think.

"The XFS has 600Nm torque, the XFR has only 25Nm more at 625Nm"

honestly i still dont believe those numbers its just mental :lol: im sure its like 45mpg or something equally irritating aswell.

you need a tracy MKII speed limiter (with added sleep tablets)

cant believe they covered it up, thats like the council coming round and repainting the lines minutes after an accident. :thumbdown:

Weight isnt such an issue as you might think - more weight equals greater traction and more mass for feint entries :)

Bonbon3.jpg

that was the car that won the European Drift Championship in 2008. And this one:

IMG_9566%20copy.jpg

won the Japanese champs in 2008 as well, albeit with 800hp :D

From watching the video, the Jag doesnt look to be a great drift car mainly due to its pretty weak steering lock - clutches are pretty vital as well, and I believe they are tip only. Sort that out and Ive no doubt it would be properly capable :)

Yep - thats what happened though. I advised Hatfields I was going legal, and that they could collect the car for its "inspection" at the previously arranged time. I took the photos to the solicitor, he wrote a letter to them. At the same time as he was putting together the letter I got a call to say my car was back, the paintwork was fine and I should come and collect. They took back the hire car the next day I believe. Great eh?

I can believe the torque figures, as it certainly fels that way, but perhaps a RR will tell - though not so sure how tha would work with an auto box.

The 45mpg seems fairly optimistic though, on extra Urban and forcing the car to stay in 6th at low speeds using the manual paddle, maybe. General combination driving I reckon Im seeing maybe 30-35.

maybe not 45 then :lol: i cant remember, all i remember i thinking it was rather unfair that it can be twice as big as the zed and go as fast using less fuel :lol:

Its quoted at 42mpg I believe, but in reality I dont think an XF S daily drive will get anywhere near it.

As it is so large and has a decent ride quality with good soundproofing, you do have to watch the speedo. You can get well over the posted limits and not realise it. It just doesnt feel as fast as it is. At low speeds it feels like you could get out and walk quicker. :blush: Its just built for getting you points in a 30 or 40 zone. :lol:

maybe not 45 then :lol: i cant remember, all i remember i thinking it was rather unfair that it can be twice as big as the zed and go as fast using less fuel :lol:

Its quoted at 42mpg I believe, but in reality I dont think an XF S daily drive will get anywhere near it.

As it is so large and has a decent ride quality with good soundproofing, you do have to watch the speedo. You can get well over the posted limits and not realise it. It just doesnt feel as fast as it is. At low speeds it feels like you could get out and walk quicker. :blush: Its just built for getting you points in a 30 or 40 zone. :lol:

get rid! :scare:

can you not RR auto box's?

you can B) depending on how good the auto box is the figures might be a bit weird looking :lol::teeth:

If you can stick it into '4th' and stop it from gearing down once you floor it it'll be sweet! If it doesn't then you'll still get power figures but it'll loop around the place, will see if I can find the old dyno figures for my Altezza.

:teeth: