Supercharger costing

srobrien

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You know those people who robbed the Jeweller's in London and nobody knows where all the goodies went?

One thing I do wonder is... With all the costs, it must be not too far off buying and installing a Cosworth or something like that.

On another note, has there ever been a zed converted to have a rear-based engine? I know about the weight, etc, etc, but if you're doing all the work, you can probably figure out what to do with the weight distribution too.

why go rear engine? :wacko:

Its all calculated cost here... maybe some people think that instead of selling and buying another car they put in 15k into the car they have and keep it for a few more years. Draw down the monies put into the car for say 2k per year... :D

I'm going to go on the cheap (hopefully) and get plenty of power :clap:

well if you install it all yourself and just go for the basic so called turn key kits your looking at just over £6 but how many people just do that ?

sometimes i think i shoulda gone Fi with some of my previous cars , woulda been cheaper in the long run .

Think andlid hit it on the head though you get to a point with a car and you tihnk shall i dump 6-10 what ever into buying a new car orrrr put in to what you got .

well if you install it all yourself and just go for the basic so called turn key kits your looking at just over £6 but how many people just do that ?

sometimes i think i shoulda gone Fi with some of my previous cars , woulda been cheaper in the long run .

Think andlid hit it on the head though you get to a point with a car and you tihnk shall i dump 6-10 what ever into buying a new car orrrr put in to what you got .

I'm smelling a FI group buy... :teeth:

£6, what a bargain!! :lol:

Simple :) Lots of overtime, I do about 40 hours overtime a month in a quiet month :yawn:

Combined with the fact that I'm single and don't have a mortgage yet = lots of free money for me ;)

I've also been saving for about 4 years for a GTR, so I spent that money on a s/c :blush:

If you can install it yourself though you will save a big chunk of cash

Its all calculated cost here... maybe some people think that instead of selling and buying another car they put in 15k into the car they have and keep it for a few more years. Draw down the monies put into the car for say 2k per year... :D

Are you going for the mid mount turbo? TBH i dont know why more people dont go for them? :thumbs:

Are you going for the mid mount turbo? TBH i dont know why more people dont go for them? :thumbs:

its looking imminent... :clap:

Simple that people aren't getting them in their millions = not tried and tested properly people aren't used to it. Turbo and SC goes IN the engine bay not under neath the car!!! I'm a bit more interested in the guy actually committing himself to do it and with pretty good results! After care is really good better then some tuners I've used in the past that just want the buck and then turn their back at you... Anyway fingers crossed it'll fit a RHD car and I'm calculating I'll be able to fit this myself over a weekend :dance:

its looking imminent... :clap:

Simple that people aren't getting them in their millions = not tried and tested properly people aren't used to it. Turbo and SC goes IN the engine bay not under neath the car!!! I'm a bit more interested in the guy actually committing himself to do it and with pretty good results! After care is really good better then some tuners I've used in the past that just want the buck and then turn their back at you... Anyway fingers crossed it'll fit a RHD car and I'm calculating I'll be able to fit this myself over a weekend :dance:

+1 The guy is really knows his stuff. Plus he sells everything at a decent price and most thing seem to be made by him i think. The E60 twin turbos had it under the car too :thumbs:

oh yeah for sure to do it right youl need some fuelling , mapping , gauges , clutch/fly ect(youd know ) but isnt that kit meant to just work as is? or does it actually have to have the other bits to work liek the vortech tuner kits ?

oh yeah for sure to do it right youl need some fuelling , mapping , gauges , clutch/fly ect(youd know ) but isnt that kit meant to just work as is? or does it actually have to have the other bits to work liek the vortech tuner kits ?

the kit comes all in... only missing a EMS ~(haltech utech etc... would go uprev if I ddint have the haltech already)

:snack:

Still need to sort out the fuelling & mapping as a minimum

fuelling is in that ...

fuelling is in that ...

Injectors, pump & return system

fuelling is in that ...

Injectors, pump & return system

nah he's clever only using 550cc so no need for full return system or pump...