£130 I don't have...

MattMe

You wont regret it! Thats pretty much the same selection of goodies that I use and the car comes up :cloud9:

I have a private plate on my car and no one ever believes that its an 04....most people who have commented seem to think its a year or two old!

Money well spent imo :thumbs:

I just bought some red mist to go with it too - I doubt I'll be doing a full-on wax every week... Or every month for that matter. :blush:

I've got AutoGlym car shampoo at the minute (Bright green stuff). I should be okay using that till it runs out shouldn't I? It doesn't seem to be abrasive or anything, not found a whole lot of details on it to be honest...

Can't believe I just spent about £150 on cleaning products! And that doesn't even include the interior. Damn it.

I just bought some red mist to go with it too - I doubt I'll be doing a full-on wax every week... Or every month for that matter. :blush:

Shouldnt do it too often or the car can get a yellow tint to it, too much wax is as bad as not enough. DD SN is hard stuff, so only need to do it at most a new layer or two once a month. You will know when its dwindling as it wont bead as much. Twice a year I like to remove it all, clay, polish and wax it all again, then top up maybe once a month if not once every two months

I've got AutoGlym car shampoo at the minute (Bright green stuff). I should be okay using that till it runs out shouldn't I? It doesn't seem to be abrasive or anything, not found a whole lot of details on it to be honest...

Should be fine, just watch the concentration ratio, make sure you dont use too much or it will strip wax

Can't believe I just spent about £150 on cleaning products! And that doesn't even include the interior. Damn it.

Its well worth it when you see the results! You could have saved a bit by getting DD SN panel pot, but it lasts ages anyway, so not to worry, its worth it in the end for how long it lasts

So I use red mist on my weekly (or bi-weekly) clean, and proper wax when it beads less, or every few months? Won't using the red-mist product help protect the hard wax layer?

And I know it's been said lots, but just to clarify. Weekly I'll shampoo and red-mist and when required wax (monthly). Then once or twice a year Wash, Clay bar, paint cleaner (Lime Prime) and wax?

I'l make sure I don't go overboard with the Autoglym. I'll just begrudge not using it cos it seems good to be fair. I'll replace with DDJ when used up.

I was put off the panel pot cos it read as if it'd only do a couple panels. Was I wrong? Have I just bought 10 years supply of wax? :blush: Damn!

Looking foward to giving her a proper good seeing too ;)

I've owned plenty of nice cars but never really taken that much care over the paint work before. To be honest the car looks okay, alreadyhas a nice shine to it and it's only been cleaned quickly by me and the local hand car wash folk in the last year (don't shoot me for that). But since having it painted last week I suddenly feel an urge to take care of it. Think fresh paint need wax on it for protection anyways, doesn't it?

Hope it arrives tomorrow so I can spend all weekend being a sad caraholic...

i have the same products

i wash my car once a month :blush:

and alternate the supernatural wax and the red mist each month. mine still beads every month right up to the clean.

if applying red mist ontop of SN wax leave it a couple of days other wise it takes the wax off. you need to leave the wax to harden for a a couple of days.

if your a more fastidious washer

you could wax once a month and red mist fortnightly

i also lime and prime after every wash but i use the lime and prime light.

and i also clay the car twice a year to strip back the wax and any contaminants in the paint.

Rich dont use Lime Prime (even light) after each wash. You are needlessly taking off any LSP by doing that. While LPL doesnt have any abrasives, its still a paint cleanser so will strip wax I would expect.

I was put off the panel pot cos it read as if it'd only do a couple panels. Was I wrong? Have I just bought 10 years supply of wax? :blush: Damn!
I've got a panel pot of supernatural and was told to put it on very thinly. I've only used it once but the pot has hardly gone down at all. I reckon I should be able to get another 2 or 3 coats out of it easily.

I've got a panel pot of supernatural and was told to put it on very thinly. I've only used it once but the pot has hardly gone down at all. I reckon I should be able to get another 2 or 3 coats out of it easily.

Should easily last a few goes over the car, if you only did 2 coats every few months, I've heard it will last about a year.

I have the full pot, have had it for a good couple of years now I think and its still half full!

As Shuck says, apply it really thinly. Remember you cant even see it when its wiped off its that thin, so you just want enough to make sure every bit of paint has some on it, doesnt have to be thick at all.

Rich dont use Lime Prime (even light) after each wash. You are needlessly taking off any LSP by doing that. While LPL doesnt have any abrasives, its still a paint cleanser so will strip wax I would expect.

cheers for that,

i'll keep it for just on the washes i use the wax.