New wipers required!

BACON

I was hoping you guys would have an opinion on what are the best wipers available for the 350z?

I have been meaning to change mine ever since I purchased my 350z back in November and now they are becoming terrible. I have heard and seen some members using these aero wipers......are they any good?

If so are these I found on Fleebay this morning?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Front-Rear-Aero-Wipers-NISSAN-350-Z-Coupe-03_W0QQitemZ280436579222QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM?hash=item414b529b96

Price seems reasonable but is there a reason for this?

I recently fitted Bosch Aerotwin wipers that I got from eBay. I was going to get a cheap set like that but read elsewhere that you get what you pay for with those cheap aero wipers.

To be fair I've not used them a whole lot as only had them on a week. but ehy seem okay and had good reviews... Probably not the cheapest of that style wiper but at the end of the day it's only a few quid more.

A lot on swear by the PIAA wipers (not aero) as they come with a silicone spray to aid beading of water on the windscreen, meaning you use the wipers less. Not used them myself, and they're not cheap.

IMO the aeros look tidier, and supposedly perform better, that's why I went with them...

Yup aero retro fit wipers are the business B) better than OEM style PIAA wipers. I have used both ;)

The Bosch ones are the best, but i now get a full set of 3(2 front and 1 rear) from Autobulb direct(ABD) for £20 and they are unbranded Bosch as they told me in confidence and i have no reason to disaggree because it looks the same, performs the same and last the same and they sell both brands so they have no reason to flaunt the slightly cheaper ABD item for the Bosch ;)

I have tried the el cheapo ebay stuff and you get what you pay for :surrender:

I even tried sparco branded ones and though they were ok performance wise they lasted only half as long and rusted in about 3 months. (i change my wipers every 4 months for optimum cleaning performance and it is recommended to do so at least twice a year)

In additon to the suggestions above, I also recommend taking good care of the glass - as much as the rest of the bodywork. Use a glass polish every now and then and also a good glass clearner (I use autoglym stuff). This helps with water beading and the general performance of the wipers.

:)

used aero's on a previous car can't say i was that impressed, but that maybe because they were ebay ones.

currently use PIAA wipers with Rainex'd screen and the performance is stunning, not seen anything come close. once the rainex runs out i'm swapping to a full PIAA setup

thats wipers

Screen wash additive

and their screen cleaner which does the same as rainex.

just with rainex and PIAA blades i hardly ever touch my wipers. anything over 40 mph and the water just beads off, most times i don't even bother using the wipers as there is no need, i only really use them when doing under 40 mph.

length of use had mine for just over a year and the drivers side needs replacing, but you can get refill blades so you don't have to fork out for a whole new wiper and just replace the rubber.

the PIAA wiper arm still looks pristine.

expensive; yes, but worth the investment

One thing I've always been unsure of is cleaning wiper blades.

When they're new every blade I've ever had comes covered in loose black surface rubber that gets all over your hands when fitting, and your sponge when cleaning if you're not carefu;. Someone told me once you should clean them and remove all the excess black stuff before fitting...

Any thoughts on it?

One thing I've always been unsure of is cleaning wiper blades.

When they're new every blade I've ever had comes covered in loose black surface rubber that gets all over your hands when fitting, and your sponge when cleaning if you're not carefu;. Someone told me once you should clean them and remove all the excess black stuff before fitting...

Any thoughts on it?

I wouldnt IMO it will wreck the sharpish surface of the blade.

• 2 months later...

Sorry guys I have been busy with work for a while and didn't get the chance to really thank everyone for their feedback and opinions on this subject :thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

I have now gone with the Retro-fit flat beam wiper blades or Aero wipers........look absolutley stunning, far less bulky than the standard wipers from the Zed and they are SSSSOOOOOOOOO Good, can't believe my eyes that I have glass in my screen sometimes now. What a difference new wipers make!!!!!!!

I know what you're all going to say :worthless: but I'm not very good at all this uploading procedure and technology to be honest so you will just have to take my word for it.

I would like to say though.....if anyone is after this style of wiper blade, then DO check out the Autobulbs Direct or ABD website; superb customer service and delivery.

Ordered via the internet on Sunday 27th June at 09.30am, recieved an email from them at 08.30am on the Monday morning stating my order had been dispatched via the standard 2-4 working day delivery package that I had chosen at no extra cost (bargin) and recieved them from my posty at 8.00am on the Tuesday 28th June...... :clap::yahoo: WOW!!!!

And to top this..... being a member on here, one of the FANTASTIC :blush: administrators will PM you a special discount code and the orderis even cheaper.

As I have said WOW........check them out.....ABD B)