428 miles to a tank!

bodyboarder

What I did keep my eye on was the cost to fill it - £77.77!

:scare: That's why i only fill up in little amounts every other day, don't seem as much......... & i get to see the lovely Bev on the checkout wotsit :cloud9:

Bev at shell in barny?!.....

i did a trip to anglesey 220 miles and used half a tank some traffic but got 36 mpg :D sat at 56mph following my mates old mini though, longest. drive. ever.

sat at 70 on the way back and did some of the welsh roads while i was down there, averaged 32mpg, did around 600 miles to the tank (uk car)

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bev at shell in barny?!.....

If by 'Shell' you mean 'BP' then yesh fwend B)

Didn't ever imagine 600 miles to a tank was possible :scare:

i do mean BP haha! Never would have had you down as a Bev fan! Last time i got petrol there she thought my car was going to be an undercover police car, then was suprised it was me :)

UK tank is bigger than JDM one remember. 80 litres to a uk one if im correct. only used just over 1/4 of a tank on the way back 1/2 on the way there and that was because of the stop-start traffic :(

Never would have had you down as a Bev fan!

UK tank is bigger than JDM one remember. 80 litres to a uk one if im correct. only used just over 1/4 of a tank on the way back 1/2 on the way there and that was because of the stop-start traffic :(

Damn my puny tank capacity, on the plus side I’ll just have to fill up more often = Bev time :cloud9:

I've never really looked at my fuel consumption. I know that the day I bought it I made it back to Kent from Penzance with just under a 1/4 of a tank left so if I kept going I probably would have hit 400miles. :)

All I know is its much better than the 15-20mpg out of the old Evo and waaaay better than the 7-12mpg out of my old single turbo RX-7!!! :scare:

Right, that's settled it. I'm getting the 350Z as my next car!

I bought an RX-8 over a 350 very recently and I'm beginning to regret it as it is horrendously thirsty and high maintenance. I've had a variety of uneconomical cars like the Golf R32 and the Audi S3, so thought I'd be prepared for the notorious RX8. But it's giving me around 85 miles from 25 litres which is in the low 15's for MPG which is, quite frankly, ridiculous. My work is only 4 miles away so before £30 worth of fuel could easily last me 5 days and that was going to and fro from mates houses, football, gym etc, but now I'm filling the tank up for £66 each time and getting a paltry 180 miles. Apparently this is normal for the type of driving I do :wacko:

To be quite honest, the fuel economy combined with the general unreliability and so-so performance has put me right off. To top it off the RX8 OC is full of deluded, boring fools anyway! I should have bought the 350Z! :angry:

Right, that's settled it. I'm getting the 350Z as my next car!

I bought an RX-8 over a 350 very recently and I'm beginning to regret it as it is horrendously thirsty and high maintenance. I've had a variety of uneconomical cars like the Golf R32 and the Audi S3, so thought I'd be prepared for the notorious RX8. But it's giving me around 85 miles from 25 litres which is in the low 15's for MPG which is, quite frankly, ridiculous. My work is only 4 miles away so before £30 worth of fuel could easily last me 5 days and that was going to and fro from mates houses, football, gym etc, but now I'm filling the tank up for £66 each time and getting a paltry 180 miles. Apparently this is normal for the type of driving I do :wacko:

To be quite honest, the fuel economy combined with the general unreliability and so-so performance has put me right off. To top it off the RX8 OC is full of deluded, boring fools anyway! I should have bought the 350Z! :angry:

You know it makes sense!!!!

Mind you there are plenty of deluded, boring fools here too :ban:

:lol:

I expect people to be slightly deluded, as it is their pride and joy in most cases, but the RX8 OC just plainly don't accept any criticism of the RX-8. Because it revs to 9500RPM and handles so well you should just deal with the engine failures, CAT failures, atrocious MPG...I could go on.

My brother inlaw had a rx8 but as you have said stupid fuel use and his cat had to be replaced to, didnt seem that quick when i drove it as well.......... yes get a zed. Also if anyone has been reading my posts, i had a blast with my boss today with his 07 s4 cab, the zed done well and would say was slightly quicker! :p

This is going to be one of those annoying questions.. but how would any previous ep3 civic type R owners compare the mpg to the 350z?

Thats my only concern as everything else seems about the same cost wise :yahoo:

civics doesnt exactly sip it anyway so used to splashing a fair bit on juice ha.

Opinions appreciated :teeth:

My brother run one for 2 years ( on a 54 plate) and he got pretty good mpg out of his. I would say that the zeds are about a 30% worse maybe.

ouch. i swear im only getting around 200 miles to £40 at the moment :wacko:

Just thought I'd chip in here. I drove the 350 back from chesterfield, and got over 500 miles to the tank (340 used +220 predicted). No, I didn't think it was possible either, as usually I get 22mpg and 300 to a tank. But there you go, the 350's long gearing is useful in times of need!

I averaged 34mpg btw, and peaked around 36mpg. I must state though, this was proper disicplined driving. Set the cruise control, and observe traffic conditions ahead to make sure you never have to hit the brakes and never have to touch the cruise control, so you stay at a constand 60-70 the whole way. Holy crap though, was it boring, and due to constantly anticipating traffic was actually quite stressful!!