Just spotted this beauty

Sarnie

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Its lovely, but aint your GT4 a uk car? Maybe i picked this up wrong along the way?

Would you change outta a UK car for a JDM if so?

Yeah my GT4 is a uk car, but that zed is gorgeous. It wouldn't bother me having a JDM cos I'd have about £7k sitting in my pocket if I was to shift mine on :thumbs::teeth:

JDM wouldnt bother me, but not sure i'd swap a UK car for one. But the colour is nice :D

ATM im getting earache over even thinking of buying a JDM. My entire family, we're all petrol heads, are dead against imports full stop.

They think you dont know what you're buying ( even landed ones ) dont have warranty, verifiable service history etc etc etc and the resale market is a dead duck

Now i know im a grown man of 24, and as such i make my own decisions. But we're a close family and they're only looking out for me :D

But i've got to say they've put a slight doubt in my mind. Suppose part of problem is 16-17k is my limit, and its alot of money to me. They just dont want to see me waste it :)

Sorry for going slightly OT

JDM wouldnt bother me, but not sure i'd swap a UK car for one. But the colour is nice :D

ATM im getting earache over even thinking of buying a JDM. My entire family, we're all petrol heads, are dead against imports full stop.

They think you dont know what you're buying ( even landed ones ) dont have warranty, verifiable service history etc etc etc and the resale market is a dead duck

Now i know im a grown man of 24, and as such i make my own decisions. But we're a close family and they're only looking out for me :D

But i've got to say they've put a slight doubt in my mind. Suppose part of problem is 16-17k is my limit, and its alot of money to me. They just dont want to see me waste it :)

:offtopic::ban::bangin::thumbdown:

Only joking mate :teeth:

I wouldn't worry too much about it being an import. JDM cars have a 112mph limiter so it won't exactly have been thrashed and generally they are in better condition than uk zeds ( less stone chips and they don't salt the roads in Japan)

In regard to the market being a dead duck, I'd disagree. If you buy a uk car for £19k and sell it for £15k 3 years later, its the same as buying an import for £16k and selling it for £12k 3 yrs on. You buy cheap and sell cheap ;)

Sarnie,

Are they sure it's 2005, that the MY06 model ! Maybe the MY06 came out in 2005 in Japan of course ??????

So you are going to be unique yet again - first you have the only 2005 GT4 on an 06 plate, and now your thinking of getting an MY06 on a 55 plate - again probably the only one :wacko:

Interlagos Fire is a nice colour - you don't think it's a bit girly do you ? Would be the only thing to put me off

Gus

That colour is fantastic! B) & bloody cheap!!!! :scare:

ps JDMs are usually in better condition with less miles, lived in better climate, come with custom bits, 10bhp more approx & apprx 20% to 25% cheaper. Your UK car warranty would have run out after 3 years anyway. Resale values are reflective of what you paid. :yahoo:

If this is a genuine 05 model for £18500 its not a buy its a bleedin steal. I looked at a standard britsh model 05 pate in black.

Scruffy thing with over 20 thou on the clock and they want £21,000 for it.

As for JDM models being difficult to sell - - we all bought them didn't we!!

I bought it cos it was in good nick, at a good price and came with a 12 month major parts warranty.

Ming the considered.

:offtopic::ban::bangin::thumbdown:

Only joking mate :teeth:

I wouldn't worry too much about it being an import. JDM cars have a 112mph limiter so it won't exactly have been thrashed and generally they are in better condition than uk zeds ( less stone chips and they don't salt the roads in Japan)

In regard to the market being a dead duck, I'd disagree. If you buy a uk car for £19k and sell it for £15k 3 years later, its the same as buying an import for £16k and selling it for £12k 3 yrs on. You buy cheap and sell cheap ;)

That is spot on. I brought a JDM for the colour (white) no other reason. I paid less than 15K so if I get 12.5K in a couple of years ill be happy.

Think its a a well documented fact Sarnie cant distinguish girly colours from manly ones!

Though have to say, im with him on this one! :p:surrender:

OY. Quickly beginning to change my mind about you........................ :thumbdown:

:p

Hi

Just spotted this beautiful purple zed on an importers website :wub::wub:

purple.jpg

IM IN LOVE :yahoo: I thought this was a USDM colour? It also has the US/GT4 alloys?

Certainly different. Not quite sure about it. Reminds me of Barney

barney.jpg

:p