Papa's got a brand new bag (erm van)

stanski

Me and Lucy have just purchased this hot Satsuma!

N1WuZqKDvk.jpg

kFwuY47X0I.jpg

1973 Danbury conversion - runs well and looks as good in the flesh as the pictures. Interior is clean but will be gutted and a home made bespoke one made up and fitted. We cant wait just need to get a new poptop canvas, roll and roll bed, seatbelts in the back and we are offski at the weekends - ironing board with carboard fin on the roof and off to Abersoch for some surfin' maaaaaan B):headhurt:

Fortunately its already been restored and resprayed - thats saved me 6 months of work , need to fettle it to my standards and use it as much as we can. Look out for us - easy to spot! :lol:

Hope to pick up next week so back in the slow lane again! :drive1

Get that tyre off the front and replace it with a hippy vw badge and then your on to a winner :lol::thumbs:

I know mate was'nt my choice unfortunately with the interior we have in mind it will have to stay for now. Plus the brackets have got holes in the shiny front panel - will look pants filled and sanded with blobs of orange :shrug:

Love it! And obviously i approve of the colour! I bet your neighbours bloody well hate you two! :lol:

they dont know yet - we have yet to pick it up -that will be a fun day! We are getting a cover for it - dont want to effect global warming with it do we! :lol:

Love it!

Always wanted one, a splitty preferably, when I've room / money to keep one :blush:

good purchase :thumbs:

Thanks

Splits been there mate - would'nt have one ever again - too expensive too slow too rusty ...just soooo 90's ! ;):lol:

Will you be getting a Porsche conversion for it? :drive1

Would be nice but no but Scoobie engine maybe option for the future :teeth:

Bronzee don't remind me !! We have fleet insurance you know :lol:

this one is a long term investment hopefully it will gain value in years to come :thumbs:

Love the colour Stan, at least you will always be able to find where it's parked :D By the way, did you ever do the "Run for the Sun" down in Newquay?

Thanks mate yes easy to spot in a car park! Never done that run but out of the scene since '99 before then used to do the shows all the time. Got to introduce Lucy to all this stuff yet be interesting to see how things have moved on in 10 years ?

Love the colour Stan, at least you will always be able to find where it's parked :D By the way, did you ever do the "Run for the Sun" down in Newquay?

Thanks mate yes easy to spot in a car park! Never done that run but out of the scene since '99 before then used to do the shows all the time. Got to introduce Lucy to all this stuff yet be interesting to see how things have moved on in 10 years ?

The mini scene was my area 10+ years ago. Thinking of getting my son a mini to do up but the prices have soared. £3k plus for a half decent one :surrender:

Daft isn't it you couldn't give minis away years ago!! Check out autotrader still cheaper ones there than the classic or club websites :thumbs:

Thanks for the info Arkwright but I already have a beetle :surrender: not even I would buy yet another one no space time and neighbours would kill me :lol: