For Sale: Stanski's 1998 VW Transporter Van -SOLD

stanski

Relunctantly I have to sell my beloved Transporter van due to an impending camper purchase.

1998 VW T4 Transporter panel van, SWB , full service history cambelt changed etc, all Mot's from new, handbooks etc, 1 tonne payload, 1.9TD engine (bullet proof and pretty spritely for its age)

11 months MOT and tax.

1 Company owner before me (gasket fitting company - so light duties) Non smoker hence a mint original cabin even the drivers seat is not wrecked as they normally go on the O/s seat base. Double passenger seat folds flat.

Its ply lined in the back - I have tinted the tailgate glass (double doors) and furnished with club sticker - this will be left on at no extra cost!

Non bulkhead model but made a ply bulkhead - covered in material and speakers fitted (easily removed 4 wingnuts and cable unplugged via Phono connections.)

Original Stereo replaced with modern Face-off Radio/CD/Ipod controlling via cable with Remote control handset. Original can be refitted if you want that period Sony VW Radio Cassette look from 1998!

You have to see this van - it has low miles from new. 77K when I got it 2 years ago now on 89K miles.

Always passes its MOT with no work required even passes modern emmisions test - MOT station always compliment its condition, like new underneath.

Tyres are good all round (with brand new spare) new exhaust just before I got it.

Gets about 38 - 40 mpg about 600 miles on a tank.

I intended to convert it to a Camper myself this year but dont have the heart to cut windows into the side etc - its far too good. I have only used it for commute / DIY jobs nothing else.

A few niggles:

Couple of tiny dings from the previous owner.

Once in a blue moon the starter motor screams its head off - then never does it again for weeks - Starter soleniod will need to be greased up thats all - it starts first time every time

Small hole in the passenger seat base (biro sized) I have repaired it though.

Heater control is stuck - plastic lugs inside the dash unit broken (common on the T4) so just move the valve in the engine - never got round to fixing it.

Drivers door window sticks on wind-down, needs door trim off and greasing.

Always looked after like all my cars and yes its been buffed, polished and Blackfire waxed too! :blush:

I will post up more pictures later

Looking for £3100 ono

nujvjBOJV2.jpg

xxPrieCLMb.jpg

Please PM me for further details, questions etc

Thanks for reading

Stan

What you spending the money on Stan?

Well Andy after years of resisting them - my exact words' they are rot box money pits!' we are looking at a 1972 Vw baywindow camper van , back to aircooled for

me , well 20 years of Vw parts best put them to use! :headhurt:

What you spending the money on Stan?

Well Andy after years of resisting them - my exact words' they are rot box money pits!' we are looking at a 1972 Vw baywindow camper van , back to aircooled for

me , well 20 years of Vw parts best put them to use! :headhurt:

GLWTS :blush:

Wish i'd know you were thinking of selling, my sisters boyfriend has just bought something very similar for diy work / lugging his drum kit and other band equipment about in. I know for a fact your van will be in better nick than anything else out there! Someone will get lucky! :thumbs:

Wish i'd know you were thinking of selling, my sisters boyfriend has just bought something very similar for diy work / lugging his drum kit and other band equipment about in. I know for a fact your van will be in better nick than anything else out there! Someone will get lucky! :thumbs:

Thanks Nixy we had only decided recently still not 100% sure I am doing the right thing as it's te best Vw I have ever owned!

Attak just figured out what your acronym is! Thanks mate :D