Super mod weekend - it begins!!!

captain

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

mind if I ask how much those alloys cost? and are they the gunmetal colour?

Just got a sunset myself and think they look awesome mate!

See the sig. B)

£795 but I have seen them cheaper by almost £100 about 3 days after I bought them. :scare:

They are ET12 and there are some minor rubbing issues. You might want a less agressive offset and use spacers. :)

Sorry excuse my ignorance, but what causes the rubbing? What do you think would be the perfect setup for these to go on a totally stock zed?

I keep looking at your pics and trying to decide whether to take the plunge lol :lol:

looks awesome with the GM on orange :thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

See the sig. B)

£795 but I have seen them cheaper by almost £100 about 3 days after I bought them. :scare:

They are ET12 and there are some minor rubbing issues. You might want a less agressive offset and use spacers. :)

Sorry excuse my ignorance, but what causes the rubbing? What do you think would be the perfect setup for these to go on a totally stock zed?

I keep looking at your pics and trying to decide whether to take the plunge lol :lol:

These wheels in the flesh are amazing and go perfectly with orange. Rubbing, i would go for not so a aggresive offset, I run +20 and are perfect :thumbs:

See the sig. B)

These wheels in the flesh are amazing and go perfectly with orange. Rubbing, i would go for not so a aggresive offset, I run +20 and are perfect :thumbs:

It's a combo of having a 275 rear tyre and an offset on ET12 on 9.5" rims. I've dialled in -2.0 camber which is the max.

The 350 needs a staggered offset and these rims are not staggered. I run 245 on the front and guess 265 or 275 on the rear with an offset of 30 would definately solve the issues. If they are "in" a bit you can always add spacers. Unfortunately I can't and will either have to put up with the slight rubbing or ditch the brand new tyres for 265s.

We live and learn. :dry:

It is unfair to say you will have to put up with the slight rubbing Simon :surrender:

To achieve the stunning look you have now, i advised on the most aggressive wheel offset of the choices you had, tyre width and tyre profile and they look super cool on your zed as everyone who has seen them says B) .

I disagree with going for the 30mm offset and using spacers :thumbdown: Spacers should be used as a last resort rather a substitute for proper fitting wheels :scare: and anyway 30 would have been too far in still. i have always maintained between 15-25 depending on the tyres is usually perfect but you can go for super aggresive if you are prepared to be flexible in making things fit B)

Going for smaller width will not give you the same matched sidewall height between front and rear ;) and cost way more than the fix required :wacko:

The rubing issues is only a few millimeteres in it as is evident with barely a mark on the tyres and there are two solutions to get rid of it. Roll the arches or get adjustable camber arms and dial more neg camber ;) you will only need to go in by .25 or .5 of a degree to eliminate the rubbing and at the sametime improve rear end grip.

Rolled arches donot cause rusting unless you have rust in your arches already :p

However, I would prefer the adjustable arms solution as it also future proofs you in case lower the car on at a later date :thumbs:

Rolled arches donot cause rusting unless you have rust in your arches already :p

:thumbs:

not necessarily true it depends on how and who has rolled them. if don badly you can split the paint and allow it to flack, hence letting in the elements and then the rust starts.

not necessarily true it depends on how and who has rolled them. if don badly you can split the paint and allow it to flack, hence letting in the elements and then the rust starts.

The rear arches a huge on the zed's, why would we want to damage them by getting them rolled :thumbdown:

if only the correct offset's in the first place would not of caused these issue's :dry:

That goes without saying Rich as with everything :p , and i meant with everything being equal arch rolling is safe :)

I did mine over 6-7 months ago and one side is rusting while the other is fine :thumbs: The affected side had rust from the outset and was even evident while rolling.

Archenemy have a good reputation and so i used them and would recommend them here.

The rear arches a huge on the zed's, why would we want to damage them by getting them rolled :thumbdown:

if only the correct offset's in the first place would not of caused these issue's :dry:

Pimm................its not only about offset you know ;)

You might want to use very wide tyres or even have the car really low as i do for trackwork.

Anyway its obvious that you have a fixed opinion about arch rolling or the story so i :surrender:

I have 295/30/19 tyres, combined ET15 and lowered to 35mm with no rubbing B) I had similar slight rubbing before archwork and could have got also rid of it with increasing negative camber but i was running -2.5 degrees already and did not want to go beyond this as it would result in acelerated inner tyre wear and and annoying tramlining on straights.

DSC01809.jpg

It is unfair to say you will have to put up with the slight rubbing Simon :surrender:

To achieve the stunning look you have now, i advised on the most aggressive wheel offset of the choices you had, tyre width and tyre profile and they look super cool on your zed as everyone who has seen them says B) .

I disagree with going for the 30mm offset and using spacers :thumbdown: Spacers should be used as a last resort rather a substitute for proper fitting wheels :scare: and anyway 30 would have been too far in still. i have always maintained between 15-25 depending on the tyres is usually perfect but you can go for super aggresive if you are prepared to be flexible in making things fit B)

Going for smaller width will not give you the same matched sidewall height between front and rear ;) and cost way more than the fix required :wacko:

The rubing issues is only a few millimeteres in it as is evident with barely a mark on the tyres and there are two solutions to get rid of it. Roll the arches or get adjustable camber arms and dial more neg camber ;) you will only need to go in by .25 or .5 of a degree to eliminate the rubbing and at the sametime improve rear end grip.

However, I would prefer the adjustable arms solution as it also future proofs you in case lower the car on at a later date :thumbs:

Sorry if you thought that was criticism of you Bennett - it wasn't. :)

You spent a lot of time advising me on wheels/tyres etc. but I checked with nrenz123 before I pressed the buy button. He has the identical Rota Torque set up but with no rubbing. So it's his fault. :lol::lol::lol::lol:

You spent a lot of time advising me on wheels/tyres etc. but I checked with nrenz123 before I pressed the buy button. He has the identical Rota Torque set up but with no rubbing. So it's his fault. :lol::lol::lol::lol:

Does nrenz123 have a JDM to? If you both are on standard spring setup and his is UK its going to be softer then yours from factory...

It'll rub until there is no rubbing left to do so that'll be fine :dance::clap: Can you not adjust the camber a bit? Hopefully it will be the correct adjustment too so you don't wear the inside of the tyres quicker... If you want to sell the wheels give me a shout :teeth:;)

I think the guy that sold you the set should fix it for you free of charge :angry:

(no matter that you almost got him divorced earlier! :lol: )

She's looking good though :drunk:

Does nrenz123 have a JDM to? If you both are on standard spring setup and his is UK its going to be softer then yours from factory...

It'll rub until there is no rubbing left to do so that'll be fine :dance::clap: Can you not adjust the camber a bit? Hopefully it will be the correct adjustment too so you don't wear the inside of the tyres quicker... If you want to sell the wheels give me a shout :teeth:;)

I think the guy that sold you the set should fix it for you free of charge :angry:

Bloody hell this is getting silly. :wave:

I didn't buy the rims/tyres from Bennett - he just advised me on the set up in completely good faith. Before I bought I asked lots of questions of others and the traders who sold the rims/tyres. Any subsequent issues are entirely my responsibility. I'm a big boy.

The rubbing is very slight and not as concerning as the above conversations seem to indicate. I'm going to a track day at Castle Combe on 28th and if it's a big issue, will sort after. If not, I'll live with it.

As this is my thread, can we all stop talking about rubbing (unless it involves Kirsten Dunst) :thumbs:

:lol: me was messing :blush:

Now. Should I do a bumper tuck to show off the stainless steel back box??

hmm saw that on MrMartinGrant's one, looks pretty cool:

DSC_0121.jpg

black mirrors and black satin painted roof with blacked out windows would look SOOOO cool too!

Bloody hell this is getting silly. :wave:

I didn't buy the rims/tyres from Bennett - he just advised me on the set up in completely good faith. Before I bought I asked lots of questions of others and the traders who sold the rims/tyres. Any subsequent issues are entirely my responsibility. I'm a big boy.

The rubbing is very slight and not as concerning as the above conversations seem to indicate. I'm going to a track day at Castle Combe on 28th and if it's a big issue, will sort after. If not, I'll live with it.

As this is my thread, can we all stop talking about rubbing (unless it involves Kirsten Dunst) :thumbs:

I like talking about rubbing :lol::lol:

There is a easier way to resolve this ;)

if only Captain would lose a few stone then this would never be a issue :lol:

Hey Simon, i did not think it you were laying blame but just felt you were being too hard on yourself for an issue that is easily resolved :p Anyway thanks for clearing things up :teeth:

Kirsten Dunst :bangin: .............are you blind :bang: ...................what is wrong with rubbing Megan fox :cloud9:

megan_fox4.jpg

PS: +1 on the bumper tuck B) i can sort it for you if you are passing through worcester any of these days ;)

Argggghh

Really want a set of these but all this talk about rubbing (oops sorry not meant to mention that!) is putting me off :scare:

Can anyone confirm a setup from stock that will work 100% ok ? :)

Cheers and good luck captain :thumbs:

Just go for the same setup but with ET +15 if they have it or +20 :thumbs: