Car Broken into last night without alarm going off

Marios

Last night my car was broken into without no signs of forced entry the alarm didnt go off and im 100% sure the car was locked. Anyone know how this could of happened where the alarm didnt go off - there seems to be a slight gap in the driver window seal but I don't know if that was there before - and if that was the way they broke into the car would the alarm not go off?

Neighbour next door had his mercedes broken into and his alarm didnt go off as well and he is 100% sure he locked his car.

sounds like they used a cycling transponder scanner.

the machine runs through loads of transponder signals until it locks on to the one for the car, then unlocks it. its enough to get into the car, but they can't start it as they won't be able to get past the emobiliser.

old school method, there used to be a watch that you could control your tv with, to lock the signal you used to set it to scan while the tv was used on normal remote. it stored the code and then you could use it normally via the watch.

they may have done something similair, been nearby when you got home and locked up and stored the infared code. then reused it while you were asleep.

what Biscuit said :wacko: ... or more likely you left the car unlocked !! ;)

No car was definatly locked - as was the neighbours.

Did have some clothes stolen and so on but I don't know if its worth claiming due to the insurance premium will increase when I come to renue.

Looking on the bright side,if its possible, at least youve been left damage free. Years back when i had my corsa broke into in a busy as hell car park they gauged my roof lining getting my ice past my cobra sidewinders,trashed my door handle & most annoyingly left my passenger door with a huge,were talking about a foot long,dent which had to be filled.Cocks

All cars can be broken into mate, im afraid thieves have a lot more tools at their disposal than just a brick and crowbar. Doesnt matter if your car is a corsa or a 100k+ Ferrari they will get in and 90% of the time without setting off any alarms.

Just keep everything either out of the car or at least out of plain sight.

Was that from the film 'Dude wheres my Car ?'

:D

nope a slightly miss spent youth :blush:

But Does the ECU use a 'rolling code' ?

if i remember rightly on older cars the code didn't cycle, so the infared signal is the same every press. newer cars are fitted with a system that cycles the signal each press, and the car is set up to change each time. both the keyfob and the car follow the same mathmatical pattern so they always match up. this si supposed to stop people cloning the code when you use the keyfob and then using it themselves when your not there.

with the zed i'm not sure what system is fitted.

Was that from the film 'Dude wheres my Car ?'

:D

lol, I'm just picturing those german guys!

On a side note, I don't know how they got into your car, but damn, nothing winds me up more than car vandalism/theft, those people are scum!

I dont understand why people dont think there could be a problem with his alarm?

Bought my car a few months ago, and I tried to set the alarm off a couple of days later (I like to know those sort of things work). I couldnt set the alarm off no matter what I did. Took the car back to nissan and they confirmed the circuit board was fried in the body control module or something, which they replaced under warranty. I also noticed the LED on the dash flashes differently now the alarm works.

Marios - Try and set the alarm off yourself, by sittin in it locking it and then waiting 30 secs or so and then wave your hand in front of the sensors. That wouldnt set mine off before but ow its fixed it does.

I dont understand why people dont think there could be a problem with his alarm?

Bought my car a few months ago, and I tried to set the alarm off a couple of days later (I like to know those sort of things work). I couldnt set the alarm off no matter what I did. Took the car back to nissan and they confirmed the circuit board was fried in the body control module or something, which they replaced under warranty. I also noticed the LED on the dash flashes differently now the alarm works.

Marios - Try and set the alarm off yourself, by sittin in it locking it and then waiting 30 secs or so and then wave your hand in front of the sensors. That wouldnt set mine off before but ow its fixed it does.

The alarm does work as I have accidently found out a few times by locking people inside my car and they moved around in the car setting the alarm off

which brings me back to my awesome game.. and possibly TV show...

step 1) park nice looking car in a "dodgy" area

step 2) hide in bush 100 yards away with cameras and an air rifle

step 3) wait

:thumbs:

COUNT ME IN :teeth: Feeling the urge to suggest paintball gun not air rifle...

"Where is the cycling transponder scanner" :clap: