Scangauge.

Tricky-Ricky

Will these work with JDM cars, or is it just the UK models?

http://autocaress.co.uk/acatalog/Scan_G ... auage.html

I have recently purchased a Innovate LM-2 because its supposed to interface with most OBD-2 equipped cars, and found it won't recognise my JDM 350GT, and after emailing Innovate they are saying that they wont talk to the JDM cars :rant:

So i am now looking for something else to do the job.

Autel maxiscan MS509 is supposed to be very very good and compatible with all 9 protocols used with OBD2 and EOBD systems.

Some lit. about it (goes between 50-100 quid on ebay)

Autel MaxiScan MS509 OBD2 & EOBD Code Reader

Easy to use, lightweight, robust and affordable

The MaxiScan® MS509 OBD2/EOBD Scanner supports all nine OBD2 test modes on all OBD2 compliant vehicles to enable technicians to accurately diagnose even the toughest problems. Sophisticated yet easy-to-use, this ergonomic scan tool makes your vehicle service experience much more pleasant !

Product Features

Works on all 1996 and later OBD2 compliant US, European and Asian vehicles

Easily determines the cause of the “Check Engine Light ( MIL)â€

Retrieves generic (P0, P2, P3, and U0) and manufacturer specific (P1, P3, and U1) codes

Turns off Check Engine Light (MIL), clears codes and resets monitors

Displays DTC definitions on unit screen

Views freeze frame data

Displays monitor and I/M readiness status (emissions)

Identifies pending codes

Reads live PCM datastream

Displays live O2 sensor test data

Graphs data – (1996 and newer)

Reads, stores & playbacks live sensor data

Memory / battery backup for off-vehicle data review and analysis

Multilingual menu and DTC definitions--- English, Spanish, French, German

Performs modules present test

Retrieves vehicle information (VIN, CIN and CVN)

Supports CAN (Controller Area Network) and all other current OBD-2 protocols

Built-in OBD-2 DTC lookup library

Large easy-to-read backlit LCD screen

Software upgradeable via internet

Prints data via PC

Reads and clears 'MIL' codes (malfunction indicator lamp), so now you can diagnose problems such as engine management light etc etc.

Pending codes: These are referred to as 'continuous monitor' or 'maturing codes'. Intermittent faults will be stored in the ECU and after a number of cycles they will develop into MIL faults, with this unit you can clear them and stop the MIL light coming on. Before clearing the faults the unit will allow you to view each one.

Works on all Petrol engine 2001+ and Diesel engine 2004+ vehicles that are OBD2 compliant. (Older vehicles must be checked for OBD2- call your dealer)

Also supports VPW, PWM, ISO, KWP 2000 and CAN protocols

Live reading and scanning

Show 'freeze frame' data

Test I/M Status

Shows vehicle VIN information for security check (on supported models)

Many many more functions!

This reader works on the following 9 OBD 2 protocols:

SAE J1850 PWM (41.6 kbaud)

SAE J1850 VPW (10.4 kbaud)

ISO 9141-2 (5 baud init, 10.4 kbaud)

ISO 14230-4 KWP 2000 (5 baud init, 10.4 kbaud)

ISO 14230-4 KWP 2000 (fast init, 10.4 kbaud)

ISO 15765-4 CAN (11 bit ID, 500 kbaud)

ISO 15765-4 CAN (29 bit ID, 500 kbaud)

ISO 15765-4 CAN (11 bit ID, 250 kbaud)

ISO 15765-4 CAN (29 bit ID, 250 kbaud)

What's in the box?

Complete kit includes:

Main unit,

Comprehensive Instruction booklet

CD with DTC definitions, User's Manual and update program

USB PC connecting lead,

PP9 battery,

OBD2 lead

Handy carry case.

Please Note this is an OBD2 code Reader. OBD2 was first introduced in the USA in 1996 and was required to be on all new vehicles sold in the US from 1996. In Europe the equivelent to OBD2 - EOBD was not enforced by legislation until 2001 for Petrol engines and 2004 for Diesel engines. Many petrol vehicles in Europe were OBD2 compliant before 2001 but please check before commiting to buy.

Let me know what you find, looking for something too... how are you getting on with the 'skyline'?

:snack:

You mean the 350Z with four seats and a boot :lol: i would be shot for that over on the Skyline 350GT forum :bangin:

Yes its pretty good thanks, i have fitted an induction kit and an exhaust so far, and it now sounds like a proper car instead of a luxury cruiser, now waiting for a key for the lock nuts so i can fit my BC coilovers and new wheels :)

Let me know what you find, looking for something too... how are you getting on with the 'skyline'?

:snack:

You mean the 350Z with four seats and a boot :lol: i would be shot for that over on the Skyline 350GT forum :bangin:

Yes its pretty good thanks, i have fitted an induction kit and an exhaust so far, and it now sounds like a proper car instead of a luxury cruiser, now waiting for a key for the lock nuts so i can fit my BC coilovers and new wheels :)

:thumbs: Sounds good, been looking at one on the buy and sell for a while not moving at all B) Sent him a mail asking him if I could part trade my Altezza :snack: Might have a '350Z' that can take a child seat in the back in the near future:lol:

I'm going to give elm327 ODBII reader a go, have it somewhere didn;t work in my other JDM car so dont hold much hope it will work on the Nissan... found 1 piece of software that does the JODB stuff but not sure if I want to spend any more monies to test it :blush:

No they don't work on JDM models, Dan (Dcash5) tried it and couldnt get it working

Thats a shame, is there anything else that can read and scan but will also act as a real time display?

with perhaps data logging.

did you actually read the reader i posted up info for you? :p

I will be getting this soon anyway if you want feedback B)

No they don't work on JDM models, Dan (Dcash5) tried it and couldnt get it working

Thats a shame, is there anything else that can read and scan but will also act as a real time display?

your post looked more like a spam boot add :teeth: let me know how you get on... also how 'nice' the interface will be :thumbs:

Sorry yes! and i will also be interested to hear you feedback on it, however i guess i am looking for something that doesn't exist (unless you want to pay big money) i want a reader that can also display selected parameters in real time, with the option to datalog and display on a PC later, now the LM-2 would have done that and more if the bloody thing had worked!! :surrender:

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

got this yet?

I actually ended up going for this http://www.blazt.biz/ it basically reads all the OBD11 DATA, plus it can read and reset faults, and run diagnostics, it can permanently advance the timing by 2 degrees, and does data logging as well,

The only draw back is that you need a laptop to do it all, however i guess it stops you having too many gauges to look at ;)

I actually ended up going for this http://www.blazt.biz/ it basically reads all the OBD11 DATA, plus it can read and reset faults, and run diagnostics, it can permanently advance the timing by 2 degrees, and does data logging as well,

The only draw back is that you need a laptop to do it all, however i guess it stops you having too many gauges to look at ;)

cheers, sounds good! WIll have a read on their site...

testinga greddy standalone tool tonight that a mate got for his JDM car, will let you know the outcome.

Tricky,

Does this tool allow you to read live error codes while you're driving the vehicle? And does it definately work with all JDM 350z's?

Which package deal did you get?

Tricky,

Does this tool allow you to read live error codes while you're driving the vehicle? And does it definately work with all JDM 350z's?

Which package deal did you get?

I haven't actually checked to see if it displays codes while driving, but as its a live process i can't see why not, as for it working with the 350Z you should be able to check on the Blazt site, but i see no reason why not as its designed to work with all OBD11 Nissans.

i bought mine from a UK ebay seller who is the official Blazt UK retailer,and it also works out cheaper from him as i checked with the NZ guys on shipping etc, but i think he has no cables left at the moment, as all i could find was this,http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/BlaZt-ECU-Cable-4-Nissan-Micra-Primera-Almera-200SX-/290434190999?cmd=ViewItem&pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item439f3a0e97

You can always send him a message and ask when he will have more.

Won't display OBD error codes? What does it do then?

Sorry had a little read and apparently it can read and reset codes, but only displays six parameters at a time, it will data log the six as well, but for 15 mins, it does have some clever little features as well, that will do 0-60 times, power calculator, but IMO they are not that accurate.

Anyone with a scangauge manage to get any readings apart from air intake temp, water temp, TPS, volts? I'd really like to be able to see oil temp for definite (amongst others) but can't seem to get it to work on mine?

No, only certain ones will work with the Z :) I did get the horsepower function to work though :D

I'll double check later exactly which ones work on mine :thumbs:

Anyone with a scangauge manage to get any readings apart from air intake temp, water temp, TPS, volts? I'd really like to be able to see oil temp for definite (amongst others) but can't seem to get it to work on mine?

I didn't think that the 350z was equipped with an oil temp sensor as std, don't know many cars that do under 100K ;)

I didn't think that the 350z was equipped with an oil temp sensor as std, don't know many cars that do under 100K ;)

:doh: I didn't even think about it not having the sensor - must get my head checked for a brain at some point.....

Fantastic Tricky, thanks for the information. I've e-mailed them...

Currently have an issue with the car going into limp mode when I accelerate hard. Abbey tried to diagnose it but typically the issue did not occur when they tested the car. Trying to find a reader that can diagnose this, I've spent too much money guessing the fixes so far...

Hmm.. Maxiscan MS509 vs BlaZt?

Fantastic Tricky, thanks for the information. I've e-mailed them...

Currently have an issue with the car going into limp mode when I accelerate hard. Abbey tried to diagnose it but typically the issue did not occur when they tested the car. Trying to find a reader that can diagnose this, I've spent too much money guessing the fixes so far...

Hmm.. Maxiscan MS509 vs BlaZt?

I weighed up the features of a scanner or the Blazt, and decided that although i would like to see some parameters displayed permanently, which i guess some scanners can do, but limited, and not very practical,

and i don't know of a scanner that can data log?

The Blazt software allows data logging of quite a number of selectable parameters (but not all at once)

as well as live monitoring, and there is no limit that i have found to the record time, but it has the added inconvenience of needing to have the laptop in the car.