my tax renewal came through for my 54 JDM, registered in uk after 2006

£222.75 for 6 months

£405.00 for 12months

On getting round to doing it today the price online was

£134.74 for 6 months

£245.00 for 12 months

Have I missed something on the Budget?

How much did you pay Jay?

I renewed mine on the 30th... .£190 for 12 months. B)

tbh 350newbie i would expect £245 for the year after april, as its not a 2006 car... you would be unlucky to be paying any more than that. :thumbdown:

i did mine today the reminder said 118 for 6 months and 225 for 12months, when i went in today they charged me 134 for 6 months as things have gone up since i recieved my reminder :bang: and it would of been 255 for 12 months.

Mine deffo should be the higher bracket as it was registered after the 2006 date... odd that people are getting different prices!!

It said in RED that prices may have changed since my V11 was issued but the price quoted on the website & phone was the phone I should be paying even if I go into the post office

Weird... :shrug:

• 2 weeks later...

Its because as per usual a public body hasnt got a clue what they are doing, and the people in charge of the vehicle excise duty have even less of a clue about cars.

They have made either a **** up on the emissions or the first date of registration which is what dictates how much you pay.

This has been covered tonnes on here! Some JDM's that have been first registered in the UK after 2006 have been treated differently and logged as PLG which means that you're emmissions don't seem to be counted. Therfore its very cheap...........

http://www.taxdisc.direct.gov.uk/EvlPor ... le+Enquiry

if you put your details in there it tells you, your liability and if you *cough* put someone else's in it tells you theirs..........

That is strange ... I've never heard of the tax going down ever :lol:

Still if it is infact true .. you should count yourself lucky as there are lots of members who are still paying the full whack ..

I've got an 04 Zed so my tax is £245 too ... :p

Right, the way i read that, all the JDM imports that are manufactured prior to 2006 but were registered in the UK AFTER 2006 and therefore got stung for high tax should be taxed according to the year of manufacture from now on, the same as a UK zed. This is good news for the likes of Jay for one and maybe lots of others! Great news! :thumbs: