MOTORISED NUMBER PLATE BRACKET FITTED!!

alessandro

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

re bennetts comment this isn't designed to fold flat at a set speed, that particular plate is designed specifically to do that to avoid speed cameras.

and this plate, you'd need to be dismantling th eplate to spot the difference. from the front it looks like any other bolted on plate.

as long as your not breaking the law by driving with it folded there isn't an issue.

my local bobby said it was fine to have it sat in the window.

all they care about is being able to use the ANPR and speed camera's so if your not using it while driving how the hell are they going to know.

considering i was driving without a plate for 3 months as it kept falling off i never got stopped once, and i live right next to and have to go past the suffolk constabularly hq.

If legalities bother you then have a switch or a physical disconnect under the bonnet. De energise the system when on public roads so it can't be activated by accident and if pulled over and questioned by the police you could demonstrate this to them.

I doubt they could have a problem with it then.

I can't wait to get mine fitted now :yahoo:

Is yours wired up so that when the engine is turned on and off the plate retracts and expands??

If not, any ideas which wires I'm going to be looking for to make this happen??

Sweet install! B) (You just need one for the rear now too! ;) )

Have to laugh at this though: Just to clarify I dont go around driving like a t@*t, but sometimes I struggle to remember speed limits

Eeerh... :dots:

Might need a set of these soon... for meets and the like... ;):lol:

Just a thought, but if it is not declared as a modification when insuring your car, will you actually be insured? Imagine if the mod was found after an RTA? :headhurt:

why would it not be declared on your insurance.

its the same as any mod, if you don't decalre it your insurance is invalid :shrug: simples

Just a thought, but if it is not declared as a modification when insuring your car, will you actually be insured? Imagine if the mod was found after an RTA? :headhurt:

its the same as any mod, if you don't decalre it your insurance is invalid :shrug: simples

Imagine what the insurance comapany would say when you tell them 'I have a retracting number plate'. Most I think would say 'go and get your insurance elsewhere'. Great idea for shows and top marks for originality and design, but may be difficult to get your car insured with one of these. Just an observation. :thumbs:

Imagine what the insurance comapany would say when you tell them 'I have a retracting number plate'. Most I think would say 'go and get your insurance elsewhere'. Great idea for shows and top marks for originality and design, but may be difficult to get your car insured with one of these. Just an observation. :thumbs:

doubt it buddy told my insurance and they said not a problem added it to my very long list of mods and at no more cost :thumbs:

doubt it buddy told my insurance and they said not a problem added it to my very long list of mods and at no more cost :thumbs:

Well, that's my observation out of the window then :lol: Some mods you would think insurers would frown upon end up with them not blinking an eye at. :blush: