For Sale Posts and Approval Problem

Currently any member posting a for sale thread needs to get it approved by a team member, but please note that if anyone posts in the thread after approval then it needs re-approving so looking like its been removed to you. This is a bug that is been worked on at the moment. :)

Well if all you want to say is GLWTS or something then just don't.

For genuine stuff fair enough. The Team will continue to approve comments but if an ad dissapears it's because a comment has been made.

Right now folks it'd maybe be better to refrain from adding comments to the for sale posts due to the problem Beavis explained.

Just posted on Ian's forsale bit, sorry :blush:

:bangin:

Good idea though mods, will make things a lot better :thumbs:

Right now folks it'd maybe be better to refrain from adding comments to the for sale posts due to the problem Beavis explained.

Just posted on Ian's forsale bit, sorry :blush:

:bangin:

Good idea though mods, will make things a lot better :thumbs:

Some items re-approved. :)

I've just tried posting replies on my for sale thread and editing the price, and now my thread has disappeared completely! - I assume this is part of the problem you're working on?

BTW - I agree with the idea, but it does sound like a lot of work for you guys. The way I've seen it done before, quite successfully - is to limit 'for sale' threads to just a single post, and only allow the OP to edit or add to his original post - so replies by PM only.

Also, you might want to stick a notice up on the 'for sale' section somewhere about this problem - it took me a few minutes of searching to find this thread.

Cheers,

Steve

I appreciate what you guys are doing Mods but this will be very painful in the end :scare:

why not lock the thread until everything is approved then release it?

For instance i have just editted that i have sold some items to prevent unnecessary interest and the post has gone again for reapproval :surrender:

The buyers should ignore items which are not posted properly to safeguard themselves and seller be warned if not posted properly and fine if necessary B)

Personally, i am for a nominal fee eg £5 for any sales post to cover admin costs etc and generate some income for the forum but i donot buy into this invasion or nannyism which is also plagueing every fabric of our society now.

Just my opinion and a few ideas thrown about and nothing else chaps

We appreciate there are problems, and there is a fix awaiting application, but it will require us waiting for a quieter time on the forum, as it will require the closing of the boards for perhaps up to half an hour. It may be that late this evening is the best time to do this.

The fix will hopefully result in the following:

New topics wil require approval, but all subsequent posts and edits will not.

but i donot buy into this invasion or nannyism which is also plagueing every fabric of our society now.

You soon will when you become £150 out of pocket like one current member is at the moment. ;)

Anyhow like Chris said i fix is on its way soon hopefully. :thumbs:

Sorted then boss :thumbs::thumbs:

But going back on this:

You soon will when you become £150 out of pocket like one current member is at the moment. ;)

I still think it is the onus of the buyer to take all precaustions and satisfy themselves that all is well before they buy! there is no way you can stop the cheats despite photos and dates :surrender: i will only buy from older members or traders and if buying from a new member i something request to speak to them or get emails sent to gauge everything is ok!

As said before good work chaps and hopefully this forum will only continue to attract decent folks :clap:

Yes as Dave says, unfortunately we have situations where people have posted adverts that have not conformed to rules, members have made payment and the seller has done a runner.

Although moderating for sale posts will not remove the possibility that someone could be out to take advantage of a buyer, we can at least try and prevent as much of it as possible. I would agree that we "shouldn't" be encouraging a nanny state within our own club, but the aim is to do this for the protection of members here rather than the moderation of anyone selling.

Please bear with us as a solution should be forthcoming soon, this will mean once a sale post has been approved, the thread will then be open as normal without any differences to before.