159MPH anyone?

Jacko

Sadly - I think he will "get off" too. Probably a stern rollocking from the Cheif and a demotion away from traffic, but that will be the end of it.

As far as I am aware, police cars arent allowed to break the speed limits without having their flashing lights on at least? The number of cop cars Ive followed that have been doing well over the speed limit is quite staggering. Ive seen many do anything up to 40 in a 30.

Sure that Ming will confirm, but I was under the same impression, unless they are responding to an emergency and have lights on etc, then they have to adhere to the same speeding laws as everyone else.

The number of Police vans I have seen speeding etc while not having lights on is scary, never mind the cars..... :thumbdown:

From a news article back in 2001......

THE man who once held the title of Britain's fastest speeder by driving at 153mph on the M4 has fallen foul of Swindon police again.

Achille Mazzotta was jailed for six months and banned from driving for four years in 1994 for dangerous driving in his BMW 535i.

And the car this copper was driving when he acheived an even faster speed?

A vauxhall Vectra GSI.

Which would you rather crash in at that speed?

Is there any wonder that the public can't abide the police when it comes to traffic policing, and would rather lend a match to those burning speed cameras than report them for vandalism.

We are told time and time again, and have the message of "speed kills" rammed down our throats.

Yet this chap got off first time around for being the "creme de la creme" of police drivers..

And?

Is anyone elses driving ability used when deciding on whether to prosecute after setting a camera off?

Tut, tut....

Odds on getting away with it?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/shropshire/5271480.stm

:thumbdown:

Deserves prosecuting.. hes in a position of trust and should be setting an example. I am sure that if i was caught doing that speed I would be saying bye bye to my licence and a huge fine.. I bet he doesnt lose his licence as he will need this for his job and will just be given a fine. Think every cop car I have ever been behind was speeding... apart from the occasional one of the motorway.

No - doing a CAT driver training day at Millbrook. http://www.catdrivertraining.co.uk

Get to have a go on the high speed bowl. :yahoo::yahoo:

Which course you doing? The bowl is a laugh but somewhat disorientating, I was doing 126mph in an Alfa (70mph lane) and you were not even aware of the speed.

Also curious to know what you paid if you dont mind me asking????

Back on topic, what frustrates me about these cases is that if the treatment of this guy is inequitous with the general public it results in a loss in respect for the police and the establishment as a whole. If the police cant abide by their own rules then why should we? A fair question????

Which course you doing? The bowl is a laugh but somewhat disorientating, I was doing 126mph in an Alfa (70mph lane) and you were not even aware of the speed.

Also curious to know what you paid if you dont mind me asking????

Back on topic, what frustrates me about these cases is that if the treatment of this guy is inequitous with the general public it results in a loss in respect for the police and the establishment as a whole. If the police cant abide by their own rules then why should we? A fair question????

Hi Mugwump.

It's a tailored day arranged through the other site. The guy that runs CAT was involved in the European development work for the Zed and we've been promised a "special" day. It's not cheap at £290 a head but it's not a track day as such. I'll do a report after the event. :)

BTW your "back on topic" point is absolutely spot on as far as I'm concerned. (Did you see what I did there - back on topic in a flash :thumbs: )

I saw 3 police cars today on the M77, and each of them had its own traffic jam behind it - all scared to exceed the 65-67mph they were doing just to annoy the rest of us! :rant:

You can never speed on the M77 its one of the most enforced roads in scotland.

There are about 5 Traffic cars that patrol it :scare: plus ave speed cameras. :thumbdown:

They do just under the limit so that you are not sure if you should to take over. :rant: realy pisses me off

Lew

I want to know what he was driving! (obviously not a Z since we are stuck at a 155 limit)

:drive1

No the limiter comes in at 157 on the digital clock............I have been told. ;)

Lew

I've been told it's 160 tho on the yank site this varies dramatically ;) btw ditto on both clocks!!!

I saw 3 police cars today on the M77, and each of them had its own traffic jam behind it - all scared to exceed the 65-67mph they were doing just to annoy the rest of us! :rant:

The law is that unless they're on a job, they should have lights off and be in the inside lane at 56mph. It's our fuel they're burning after all, and have family who work in the force. If not, go past them. To try you in a court of law they need to have obeyed all their laws and rules. Go past them....!!