159MPH anyone?

Jacko

Oh guys, just to cheer you all up the next time you get nicked for speeding.....

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/shropshire/5284962.stm

Classic quote: "The judge said he had "suffered enough" with two-and-a-half years of court proceedings."

So the next time you get nicked, tell your lawyer to drag it out for 2.5 years and bob's your uncle!

ffs :angry::dry:

Its clear to me now what I need to do - take an advanced driver test, go down the motorway at 160mph at 3am and then tell the judge that I was familarising myself with my vehicle :thumbs:

I can then refer them to precedent (as long as I'd "suffered enough" by it being dragged through the courts for 2&1/2yrs). Although having thought about it what are my chances of having the thing dragged out for 2&1/2yrs???!!! What a complete joke the law in this country can be. Ah well at least it hasn't been us tax payers paying for it all, oh no hang on a minute it, it is isn't it?? oh bugger.......

Its clear to me now what I need to do - take an advanced driver test, go down the motorway at 160mph at 3am and then tell the judge that I was familarising myself with my vehicle :thumbs:

The thing is, to be honest if that comment wasn't being used as an excuse then I could understand it. I mean, if you were expected to drive at speeds well over a ton in a Vectra then you would want to know how (bad) its going to feel :scare:

But if thats the case that these "advanced drivers" need this, then the police should hire private land for that purpose.....

I mean, who's to say that at this time, he doesn't have a blowout, and skids and hits the one car thats on the motorway (full of teenagers) coming back from somewhere........

Its double bloody standards! :angry:

The thing is, to be honest if that comment wasn't being used as an excuse then I could understand it. I mean, if you were expected to drive at speeds well over a ton in a Vectra then you would want to know how (bad) its going to feel :scare:

But if thats the case that these "advanced drivers" need this, then the police should hire private land for that purpose.....

I mean, who's to say that at this time, he doesn't have a blowout, and skids and hits the one car thats on the motorway (full of teenagers) coming back from somewhere........

Its double bloody standards! :angry:

Quite right mate. Whilst we're getting potless due to excess taxation on fuel and everything else we also have to spend our cash on track days/handling days/high speed bowls or trips to Germany, whereas if you live among the ranks of our wonderful traffic police you are above the law and can do what the hell you like :rant: oh what a brilliant system......