squealing brembos

350 Russ

my brembos make a horrible squealing noise when braking, it doesnt seem to do it when its raining and didnt do it as much during the winter so im thinking its the brakes getting too hot? ive done the braking in procedure and that hasnt helped, ive had a look at the pads and there seems to be a decent amount of life left in them so im baffled? do i need brake shims to stop the heat transfering? help please this is driving me nuts!

Members have had this issue before, and even though they may appear to have life left in them the Brembo pad area has been known to break up causing the squealing ;) Age seems to effect the pads too. So if they are old it might be an idea to get them replaced and with something a little better than the standard pad :)

i believe there standard pads, they have been on there since i bought the car so i have no idea, so i should change them then? what does everyone recommend? i have read that ebc are really dusty? thanks for the help :thumbs:

• 1 month later...

What are the shims ? I had squeeky brembos and I copper greased the back of the pads and it went away. It has return but i think it due to me pressure washing them. It's not when braking only when turning to the left as if the pad is touching the disc and vibrating agains the caliper or something. Due it's service so they will get regreased on it.

The shim is a flat plat which sits between the back of the pad and the caliper pistons, it should stop any squeals.

I checked my front pads this weekend because they were squealing and it turned out there aren't any shims fitted so i need some.

The problem for me seemed to be that the outer lip that develops as the disc wears was rubbing on the pad, so i knocked this off (rust/shale). I also copper greased the shoe where it meets the pistons and the leading and back edges of the shoe and the squealing has gone for now. Interesting that the lip was rusty and fell off the inside but the outside lip was solid metal, it must get damp/abused more on the inside.