Any views on Turbotechnics?

Cookbot

Check this out...

http://www.express-enterprise.co.uk/nis ... -5616.html

From a quick look, surly all thats needed are some bigger rails and high flow pump or have I missed something?

The moreI think about it, the more a turbo or SC makes sense. However, the Z store £5500 for a vortech doesn't make sense as you still need to buy LOADS of extra bits like injectors and stuff. Anyone know of any good places to look for second hand as well. Ebay is crap!

Cookie

Just what does the Vortech kit come with the Z store is a little vague and the Vortech site isn't much better. Still intrigued by this turbo technics kit as it has the injectors, intercooler and it mentions a Turbonetics Full ECU Re-Flash.

Fancy the ultimate in performance tuning? Express Enterprise stocks and supplies turbo kits made to fit directly onto your car. Not only can massive increases in power be gained but you can give your car the added attraction of a dump valve.

FAIL

Vortech kit comes with pretty much everything you need. The only things that you will need to buy are Injectors, Gauges & a return fuel system. There are other things that I would buy but they are not essential IMO. I'd also replace the injectors that come with that turbonetics kit for atleast 440cc :)

Also don't forget to add on the cost of installtion, mapping & the increased cost in insurance :)

It's all serious stuff. i've already got money aside for mapping as i was going to take it to RS anyway if I leave it NA, probably go down the abbey route if I FI'd it though.

Installation is going to be done by me and a mate. We've fully built a G40 supercharged engine from scratch, when a piston melted, so I'd like to think we could do it B) need to do some more digging on what comes with what though. Wish there was a good place for second hand bits and bobs too. Ebays crap these days.

If your going for Vortech then this thread is essential :)

http://my350z.com/forum/forced-inductio ... tions.html

I read through this thread loads of times when I was researching kits :)

Check out the classifieds on my350z, there are quite a few S/C kits popping up for sale. Also be careful buying turbo kits from the US as some of them dont fit UK cars.

Good luck doing it yourself, make sure you keep a progress thread for us to see :thumbs:

Thanks, all useful stuff. it's a Vortech v Turbotechnics show down and comes down to what I find the additional kit for. Stuf that could wait until the following month...will!

Vortech SC from the states £2300... but finding out what you'll pay in duty is harder than installing the kit its self! And you pay VAT on top of duty!!! WTF, I can't wait to emigrate out of here.

Thanks, all useful stuff. it's a Vortech v Turbotechnics show down and comes down to what I find the additional kit for. Stuf that could wait until the following month...will!

Vortech SC from the states £2300... but finding out what you'll pay in duty is harder than installing the kit its self! And you pay VAT on top of duty!!! WTF, I can't wait to emigrate out of here.

I ended up paying about 30% taxes on my kit :dry:

Thanks, all useful stuff. it's a Vortech v Turbotechnics show down and comes down to what I find the additional kit for.

Ummm, surely there's no comparison between the two as they're completely different forms of FI? It's going to depend more on what you want the final car to feel like than simply the cost of sourcing bits between the two. :dry:

Im looking down the same route i have about £5000 to play with so will be looking at this link very closely. Im trying to find a package that has everything in it already.

look at the link i posted from my350z that kit will set you back 3100€ plus shipping and tax. then you'd need to decide what route of ems you'd like to take, utec (500$), Uprev (think abbey no do a replacement ecu that you'll be able to change maps if you got a cruise control), haltech, motec... if you go for the tt mid turbo kit its made for built systems so keep the boost low and once you get bored of that power you build your engine and increase the boost... simples!

:thumbs:

(+ that the kit seems / sounds to be a DIY kit!!!)

A

here's the email I got from where i'm thinking of getting it:

You have come to the right guys for a Vortech kit. We are the largest Vortech dealer on My350Z & G35Driver. Vortech make some of the most reliable forced induction systems in the market to date. They make great power and are perfect for either a racer or daily driver. I have posted some prices below for you.

Voretch 03-06 G35/350Z System w/ V2 or V3 SQ SCi-Trim & Charge Cooler, Satin $4,950.00

Vortech 03-06 G35/350Z System w/ V2 or V3 SQ SCi-Trim & Charge Cooler, Polished $5,195.00

Vortech Tuner Kit, 03-06 350Z/G35 (Revup & Non Revup) w/ V2 or V3 SQ SCi-Trim & Charge Cooler, Satin $3,650.00

Vortech Tuner Kit, 03-06 350Z/G35 (Revup & Non Revup) w/ V2 SQ T-Trim (no Charge Cooler), Satin $3,450.00

Vortech Tuner Kit, 03-06 350Z/G35 (Revup & Non Revup) w/ V2 or V3 SQ SCi-Trim & Charge Cooler, Polished $3,900.00

Vortech Tuner Kit, 03-06 350Z/G35 (Revup & Non Revup) w/ V2 SQ T-Trim (no Charge Cooler), Polished $3,700.00

We also sell all available support parts to make as much power as safely as you would like. We even offer special pricing on it when ordering it with your kit. Just ask!

Not looking too shabby really! postage, duty and VAT rapes you but its still better

Chance it in a bundle box and it's about £200 postage, duty and VAT!

FI really isn't looking too bad. I already have an uprated clutch and flywheel, money aside for the remap as I was going to do that anyway and got a mate who's got a Bosch 255ltr/hr fuel pump for free. Just some decent injectors to get and it's a go. Might look into a fuel rail while I'm at it though.