should I do it myself?

UNABASHED

My rear pads seem to be coming to the end of there lives and so I'm getting some more next week. Now the question is, do I change them myself?

I dont mind having a acrack at things on the car but I've always steered clear of messing with the brakes, mainly becasue I don't trust myself enough to mess them up!

I have looked a various guides and it seems simples enough:

jack up

take off wheel

undo 2 bolts

open caliper

push piston back in

insert pad

close caliper

redo botls

put wheel back on

drive off

Now is it really that simple or will I end up looking at the brakes, in the middle of the road, in the rain (no doubt!) and be thinking 'how the hell am I going to sort this?!?!'

My rear pads seem to be coming to the end of there lives and so I'm getting some more next week. Now the question is, do I change them myself?

I dont mind having a acrack at things on the car but I've always steered clear of messing with the brakes, mainly becasue I don't trust myself enough to mess them up!

jack up

take off wheel

undo 2 bolts

open caliper

push piston back in

insert pad

close caliper

redo botls

put wheel back on

drive off

Now is it really that simple or will I end up looking at the brakes, in the middle of the road, in the rain (no doubt!) and be thinking 'how the hell am I going to sort this?!?!'

Are you JDM or Brembo mate as the procedure is different?

Well I've done both rear and front and got a JDM and got guides somewhere if you need them. The guide for Brembo changing here is good. If you feel you'll fail you might want to just have piece of mind and hand it in to get changed. I for one wouldnt do it unless I knew the person and that they where sound mechanics... got my bike back from the mech and they had not done a very good job...

have a go at it. very simple and the guides are very easy. better more if you get hold of the service manual.

took me 35 minutes to change the front (brembo's) few weeks ago and that was my first on the zed.

dont forget the grease and watch the fluid reservoir as you push the pistons back :thumbs:

jack up

take off wheel

undo 2 bolts

open caliper

push piston back in

insert pad

close caliper

redo botls

put wheel back on

drive off

"Put wheel back on"

Pump the brake pedal to restore pressure

"Drive off"

unabashed i have the same fear as you. ive never touched a set of brakes in my life because im paranoid, i dont mind mucking things up that make me gain speed, mucking the ones up that take it away is scary.

Brakes have always been a no-go area!

Well I'm going to have a bash at it so if it all goes wrong you all have blood on your hands!

:drive1:blackeye:

unabashed i have the same fear as you. ive never touched a set of brakes in my life because im paranoid, i dont mind mucking things up that make me gain speed, mucking the ones up that take it away is scary.

Well I'm going to have a bash at it so if it all goes wrong you all have blood on your hands!

good luck!!! then let me know how it really was so i can think about it

ordering them now and should get some free time over Easter so I'll let you know, alternatively if I run into the back of you at a set of red lights you know it didn't go all that well :teeth:

ordering them now and should get some free time over Easter so I'll let you know, alternatively if I run into the back of you at a set of red lights you know it didn't go all that well :teeth:

haha :D:lol:

I changed the brakes on my Honda Civic years back and afterwards I was never a 100% confident in their stopping power ...

IMO somethings are better left to the professionals ...

Good luck with it though if you're doing it yourself

:thumbs: