Question about Dodo Juice Lime Prime

introspect

Ok, I'm hoping to get some decent cleaning products soon as I've been promising myself I would for a while now. Getting a new wash mit, Megs Gold Class Shampoo, already got a Megs clay bar and I'm going to go for some Dodo Juice purple Haze.

My question is if I get the Dodo Juice Lime prime will that do as a combined paint cleaner and polish or will I still need to polish after using it?

Depends on the condition of your paint and how you are applying. Do you want to do any proper swirl correction by machine, or are you just after a nice clean finish by hand? If by hand, I would just use DD LP and be done with it, it has some bite to it so will hit some of the swirls, just dont expect full correction.

Hope that makes sense :thumbs:

Depends on the condition of your paint and how you are applying. Do you want to do any proper swirl correction by machine, or are you just after a nice clean finish by hand? If by hand, I would just use DD LP and be done with it, it has some bite to it so will hit some of the swirls, just dont expect full correction.

Hope that makes sense :thumbs:

I won't be doing any machine polishing or anything like that, just doing it all by hand so not looking for full on paint correction. Hasn't been cleaned for a few months due to weather etc so I want to give it some tlc. So I guess I can do things in the following order.

1. Wash (Megs Gold Class Shampoo)

2. Clay (Megs clay bar)

3. Paint Cleaner (Dodo Juice Lime Prime)

4. Wax (Dodo Juice Purple Haze)

Wouldnt say necessary i suppose,maybe depends on the state the cars left in but when i clay the car i spray it bit by bit with water & clay it. Basically mines covered in 'dirty' coloured watery marks so it needs washing again :lol:

Gets any last bits of crap off too

I'll be doing my first decent cleaning job on a car this weekend. Want her to look nice for the Jap car meet in Sunderland on Sunday.

Never used a clay before but have looked at loads of videos on Youtube to understand the technique. Going to use two bucket method, with a stand from my (clean) Microwave in one bucket to rub grit off. My missus has declared that she is going to be my "Bucket B*tch" to fetch and carry.

I got some Dodo Red mist, Dodo Prime Lime and a panel pot of Supernatural Dodo Wax, based on advice and reading on this wonderful forum.

Can't seem to find any tips around Supernatural application. I'm guessing as thin are poss and leave to bond for 30 mins or so. Seem right?

Have a few tiny scratches around the boot area, I guess from opening(not me) Will Lime Prime remove or should I use Megs Scratch X first?

Lots of pics to follow of mine and other from forum the Jap show on Sunday :D

Bradders.

I wouldnt leave it too long as it sets rock hard. You'll soon know when its had enough as it goes cloudy and is much easier to buff off. Start with 5 mins and just work upwards. Sometimes you'll need to give it a second buff as the wax can give off oils which can go cloudy again, its just how canuba is ;)

In order, wash process

wash (Megs Gold Class)

clay (Megs clay bar and megs quick detailer)

wash (Megs Gold Class

polish (Megs 3 step process)

lime prime lite

sealant Poor Boys(EXP)

wax (Dodo juice Light fantastic)

After this a few cold beers :drunk:

Learnt from my sensai stew :lol:

I wouldnt leave it too long as it sets rock hard. You'll soon know when its had enough as it goes cloudy and is much easier to buff off. Start with 5 mins and just work upwards. Sometimes you'll need to give it a second buff as the wax can give off oils which can go cloudy again, its just how canuba is ;)

I was just about to say if i leave it too long then its all cloudy after the polish is off :lol:

Whole job took me 3 hours :scare:

Wheels with Megs Hotrims

Quick wash with mitt and jetwash.

Dry with Megs water magnet.

Clayed with Megs quick detailer. Droped one clay :angry: So binned it.

Then Dodo Lime Prime

Then Dodo Supernatural.

Was completely cream crackered.

Then had a very cold Stella.

Job done.

Bit cheesed off as I spotted a big stone chip on bonnet. Maybe a bonnet and valance respray might be a good idea. Pricey?

Bradders.

Whole job took me 3 hours :scare:

Wheels with Megs Hotrims

Quick wash with mitt and jetwash.

Dry with Megs water magnet.

Clayed with Megs quick detailer. Droped one clay :angry: So binned it.

Then Dodo Lime Prime

Then Dodo Supernatural.

Was completely cream crackered.

Then had a very cold Stella.

Job done.

Bit cheesed off as I spotted a big stone chip on bonnet. Maybe a bonnet and valance respray might be a good idea. Pricey?

Bradders.

You managed all that in 3 hours?????

Personally I wouldn't dry before claying. I'd have washed and dried after clay. :thumbs:

How she look? :worthless: