Importer recommendations?

buds

As the title suggests, could i please have all and any importer recommendations either from personal experience, or knowing someone etc!

Any horror stories or warnings as to who best to avoid would also be very welcomed.

Thanks for any help and your patience! :D

As the title suggests, could i please have all and any importer recommendations either from personal experience, or knowing someone etc!

Any horror stories or warnings as to who best to avoid would also be very welcomed.

Don't use Bristol Import Centre. Rip off merchants :thumbdown:

Did you get you dough back of them sarnie??

Did you get you dough back of them sarnie??

Nope. Credit card company could not retrieve the funds :thumbdown:

Hehe they're actually who i was leaning towards! :)

Keep the coming please guys if anyone has anything good/bad to say bout importers

have you considered just buying a car already in the UK? much safer and theres loads out there :thumbs: a friend of mine just bought a 53 Uk , 28000 miles, GM with everything on it for £16k

Looking at it mate. Sixteen is my limit really. Just figured i could get a new low mileage example by importing. Of course though, as im sure you can tell im nervous about it all as a newb!

If you spot any let me know though! :)

Ok, ta Sarnie for heads up.

Keep them rolling guys!! :)

Had a look on http://www.mackaytrading.co.uk/ as i believe someone here bought from them ( think i saw someone say they had somewhere in here! )

They also seem expensive for 02/03 cars?

That would be me, buds. Bought mine from them in March and I have been pleased with their service. They weren't as competitive for price as some of the importers down south, but they delivered all that they promised, including a spare key at their own expense (the car arrived in the UK with only one). Nissan keys are very expensive.

I could have saved £1000 if I had committed to buying the car before it arrived in the UK, but I decided to wait and test it before buying. I thought it was worth the peace of mind. I had a recommendation from a friend who had used them before with no problems. The same friend put me off another importer in Dunblane with a few horror stories.

Hope this is helpful :)

Ah nice to know who it was! :D

They looked like a good set up, and a positive story is always nice to hear!

Maybe to be honest im looking for too much trying to get into a Z for £16k. I know i could hold off till new year and change then, but im an impatient so and so!! :p

I think others have commented on this before, but I have to say that I was bowled over by the quality of the imported cars - they had a couple of others in when I chose mine and they were all in immaculate condition and had covered low mileages. There were no marks and very few stone chips on them all. This was in marked contrast to a couple of UK models (younger) which I had looked at in various dealers before going the import route. My other consideration was that I wanted the tiptronic box, so it had to be an import anyway.

All the best with the hunt :thumbs:

I purchased my car through Bonsai Cars last month. It’s a 03, ST, 14K miles, Pearl white and mint condition. The total price on my drive was 14,800 pounds. There will be some people especially dealers telling you JDM cars depreciate to fast and are not recommended but for under 15K ill take my chances. Bonsai cars are the most frustrating people to deal with but once you get your car you’ll forget all about it. Best of luck mate. :thumbs:

lack of marks and stone chips probably represents that they bulid their roads better, dont just throw a bit of tar and gravel over the top of existing road :teeth:

Or its been respayed :surrender:

is that something that happens to pet cats("respayed") :teeth:

lack of marks and stone chips probably represents that they bulid their roads better, dont just throw a bit of tar and gravel over the top of existing road :teeth:

Or its been resprayed :surrender:

Eh?

Eh?

the edit king :rant:

Eh?

the edit king :rant:

moi? :teeth:

• 2 weeks later...

Don’t buy a car from JC imports he stole my deposit which he said was refundable because the car was not registered for another 3 weeks

I looked on the internet today and noticed he had dropped the price by 250[my deposit]. :angry:

He wants to much for the car any way 16000 for a manual T with 11k T’s don’t have ESP or brembos and loads of other stuff and apart from that its probably been used for drifting like a lot of jap cars I only paid 16800 for my UK GT with RAYS and 14k on the clock so I think its only worth 14800 Its been up for three weeks and has not sold so a lot of people must think like me. :rant: