Satnav and radio on imported 350Z

john-jam

Hi - I am a new member with a 350Z cab purchased a few days ago. It is a parallel import from Japan and is fitted with a Japanese satnav. Nissan tells me this is not compatible with the UK version so I am trying to find a way to make it work or install a replacement. I know where there is a UK spec satnav in a breaker's yard and I know someone who could fit it. However, am I right in thinking a Nissan dealer will have to code it to the car? Has anyone come across this problem and solved it? Second issue is that the Bose radio unit installed only seems to sweep fm frequencies between 70 and 84MHz, thus missing all radio stations apart from Radio 2. There are limits to how much Radio 2 a man can take, so if I can locate a CD/radio/cassette unit in a breakers, will it slot straight in or am I once again needing to ask a Nissan dealer to code it to the vehicle? Third and final one - Nissan wants close to 400 smackers for a spare master key, which is ludicrous. Any ideas how to obtain one more cheaply? Regards, John

Hi - I am a new member with a 350Z cab purchased a few days ago. It is a parallel import from Japan and is fitted with a Japanese satnav. Nissan tells me this is not compatible with the UK version so I am trying to find a way to make it work or install a replacement. I know where there is a UK spec satnav in a breaker's yard and I know someone who could fit it. However, am I right in thinking a Nissan dealer will have to code it to the car? Has anyone come across this problem and solved it? Second issue is that the Bose radio unit installed only seems to sweep fm frequencies between 70 and 84MHz, thus missing all radio stations apart from Radio 2. There are limits to how much Radio 2 a man can take, so if I can locate a CD/radio/cassette unit in a breakers, will it slot straight in or am I once again needing to ask a Nissan dealer to code it to the vehicle? Third and final one - Nissan wants close to 400 smackers for a spare master key, which is ludicrous. Any ideas how to obtain one more cheaply? Regards, John

You would be better off sending a PM to Nurrish on here who can supply a very nice replacement SatNav that also stores music and video. In terms of the Bose you could get a band expander which have mixed reviews on here. I for one have the Nurrish Sat Nav and I only ever listen to my Ipod via a cassette converter. The Birdview SatNav doesn't have postcode functionality as far as I am aware. Never had a birdview Sat Nav so can't confirm but sure someone on here will soon. :thumbs:

ive just got a spare key from here mate

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/UNCUT-NISSAN-X-TR ... 2eab8e92bf

cost £29 for key had the blank cut at local hardware store for £3 and been coded by nissan this week for £29 JOB DONE :thumbs: hope this helps

and welcome by the way

i tried the same thing but jdm keys are a different bandwidth to uk cars, so they dont work! :thumbdown: good shout though :thumbs:

What are peoples Views on Birdviews please are they any good and what seems to be the problem with them for people to want to swap to Nurrish's system install? Also as on Nurrish's satnav there is a cover to go over it. Is there a cover fitted to the OEM satnavs installed in the ZEDs too?

(sorry to ask but looking to get a 313 ZED and sat nav is something I'm looking at getting when looking for a car).

Birdviews aren't brilliant, not had one but heard many people curse them. they do the job, but they are a bit primitive. they don't do full postcode searchs and the graphics aren't brilliant.

another alternative is

the Pioneer F500BT

see review below

viewtopic.php?f=27&t=33501&hilit=pioneer

gives all the benefits of a Pioneer unit and also full manufacturers warranty and fully legal software with Traffic updates and speedcamera datebase updates.

may not be fully OEM flush fit, but does offer alot of options and comes in at a similiar price as some of the other options out there.

other options also include running somethi g like a tomtom in the cubby or garmin

Don't bother with built in satnav just get a portable one like Tom tom or Garmin , cheaper more

flexible etc etc

thats the great thing about the pioneer, i can take it out and use it in my wifes car. takes 2 seconds to un plug. and i have a screen mount and cig power lighter that came with it to use in other cars

Or get a Pioneer AVIC-F900BT, hehe

Outgoing model right now, so should be cheap to pick up, current online prices around £550.

If you are computer savvy, then you could avoid the ridiculous prices Pioneer charge for map upgrades and do them yourself (Pioneer charge £150 for upgrade)

For your money you get a CD-Tuner with sat-nav and iPod & SD card connectivity, option to add a reversing camera, Bluetooth handsfree connectivity, which allows you to transfer your mobiles phonebook to the unit too.

I got one and am more than happy with it

Thanks for the advice people. I must admit that Nurrish's system dose look good an seeing that it can be hidden away in the cubby and looks OEM is a big selling point in my eyes. I use to have a Tom Tom in my old car and had it hard wired in the dash but the only problem was the holder was always plugged on the screen.