How much power will i lose?

bodyboarder

Hi all, i am looking at the zed of my dreams tommorrow , so hope to be a proud owner soon! The car i am looking at is still in warrenty and i have phoned a few nissan dealerships up to ask about the affect on the warrenty if i were to fit a induction kit, exhaust and remap. All the dealerships have said you want have any problems with the exhaust but as for the ind kit and remap if anything were to go wrong with the engine i wouldnt have a leg to stand on. My questions is how much power would i lose by putting a cat back exhaust on without a remap? I really want to release a little more noise, but would i just be sacrficing ponies? Oh its a 313 engine..... thanks for your help

Just take the induction kit off before services and they will never know! Mwahahaha

at the end of the day, they have to prove it was on the car in the first place.

just buy a decent CAI and it shouldnt be a problem, personally i'd stay away from stainless steel mesh filters. stick with the known quantity like JWT, K&N, AEM, etc

I noticed no difference at all when I fitted my popcharger and it transformed the noise from the car - a lovely whooosh, especially with cold air when you first touch the pedal and a fantastic noise at high revs.

Give Mitz a call at CS - he's sorted out bits and bobs for loads of people on here.

I think the Nismo filter kit is still available for the 313s. Team that up with a Nismo exhaust and the dealers would find it hard to argue..... Lets face in NISsan MOtorsport products shouldn't affect the warranty!

All depends on the qaulity of the system. I noticed a slight loss of low down torque after I fitted my K2 catback. But to be honest its to be expected with a cheaper system but the noise makes it worthwhile.

I had a supersprint catback on my civic type-r and I noticed gains straight away, but that was a quality exhaust.

Any gains you see if at all should be much higher up the rev range.

Not that worried about more power just wouldnt mind hearing the v6 a little more! ( even though i havent bought the car yet! ) Got some 20mm spacers to go on as well...... hope its all ok tommorrow :wacko:

You will probably find the 20mm spacers will be too wide for the later Zeds. I sent mine back as they pushed the tyres outside the edge of the wheel arches making the car illegal. I suspect the track on the 2006> cars are wider than the previous version. I have been told by a top tuner that 10mm on the rear and 15mm on the front is the max you can go on the later Zeds to remain legal.

Exhaust wise I would suggest sports cats and a Motordyne XYZ Y pipe is all you need for improved sound. It makes a lovely sound as you approach 4000rpm and you would not believe how much better it will drive, but you will need that remap to make the difference. The standard cat back flows quite well but the main restriction is the standard cats and y pipe. Also the fuel consumption will improve with the above mods and the car still looks standard so it will keep your dealer and your warrantee happy. :)

You will probably find the 20mm spacers will be too wide for the later Zeds. I sent mine back as they pushed the tyres outside the edge of the wheel arches making the car illegal. I suspect the track on the 2006> cars are wider than the previous version. I have been told by a top tuner that 10mm on the rear and 15mm on the front is the max you can go on the later Zeds to remain legal.

Very interesting, never heard that before and was considering getting some spacers for mine later in the year. Now I know to order smaller ones, nice one :thumbs:

Very interesting, never heard that before and was considering getting some spacers for mine later in the year. Now I know to order smaller ones, nice one :thumbs:

thats a new one on me as well, wonder how many facelift drivers have the larger spacers on?

thats a new one on me as well, wonder how many facelift drivers have the larger spacers on?

I had 20mm all over and never thought about it....now i have 20mm on the front and nothing at the rear as there was a lot of rubbing with the new rims...will put the spacers back on when i sort the ride height out....

however i got pulled over for skidding the car and the copper checked on my tyres with his torch...brand new 050s then....they said nothing about the spacers or the rays sticking out....dont know if i will have any probs with the mot when time comes... :dry:

they let me go btw... :blush:

After fitting the spacers i have noticed that the car tramlines a touch more, i guess this is due to the wider track.... anyone else had this? Looks so much better now though :D

didnt notice anything...had mine lowered and aligned at the same time tho... :teeth: