New Pioneer HU *INSTALL COMPLETE*

BulletMagnet

Well after my ghetto mod, I stumbled on a bargain.

Local Halfords had the ex-demo AVIC-F900BT for sale at £400.

I told them I would like to purchase the unit and they grabbed all the bits that came with it and the box.

Took to the checkout and the price came back as £350 (One might think it was fate, lol)

Got home and gave her a clean with my aircompressor to get rid of all the dust and have been on Sextons Direct to order the following

ICT 50-256 - Nissan 350Z Pre 06 Double Din or 2 x ISO

ICT 29-674 - Nissan 350z Bose USC Loom

ICT 29-020 - Sony/Pioneer 2009 head-unit lead

ICT 23-007 - TURBO 1 Variable line driver

That order should hopefully arrive in a few days so I can get cracking with the install.

Just need to get a Pioneer iPod cable...

How much did all the cables come to, I have been swithering about replacing my head unit with a Pioneer double din but don't need sat nav so quite fancied the cheaper FH-P80BT. I see it lots of places for around the £240-£250 mark and I enquired at Hannah autosound regards getting it fitted and they quoted me just over £500 which included all the necessary cables and blanking plate etc.

Sounded expensive at first but obviously depends on how much it will cost to get all the connecting harnesses and plate.

Good news mate, pleased you got it all in and running well. The cable situation is a nightmare. I moved the white plastic aircon control box off its brackets and dropped it down and it gives you a little more space. Is still tight though!

Theres loads of room back there! Get the white aircon control box out and route the cables behind and under it and put it back in :thumbs:

+1 one of the roomyest ive come across , if it wasnt for the amount of the dash you have to remove to get the old unit out it would be a very easy install.

Theres loads of room back there! Get the white aircon control box out and route the cables behind and under it and put it back in :thumbs:

Yeah, ended up doing excatly that.

One other thing tho, Sextons didn't send me the ICT fasia, but an Autoleads one instead.

And it's the wrong one, but can't be arsed to send it back.

Got the Autoleads FP-22-03, with is a single DIN with a pocket below to fill the double DIN slot.

Prolly phone the order instead of online, just to make sure I get the right thing.

Might have to take it apart again for fitting the facia and might also connect up the steering wheel controls too, because the instructions that cane with it mention an orange/silver lead, which I cannot find.

Could someone post a pic of the wires they tapped into for the steering wheel controls?

Much appreciated.

All installed and running perfectly, got the facia this morning and got busy straight away.

First install:

install001.jpg

Boot Screen:

install002.jpg

Original Interface:

install003.jpg

install004.jpg

install005.jpg

With new facia.

There was a gap at the bottom, but I cunningly used the facia surround that came with the Pioneer in the box and cut the top part off and put it in place to cover the gap somewhat. Not perfect, but good enough for me

install006.jpg

New Firmware 3.0 and modded theme installed

install007.jpg

• 2 weeks later...