Clutch Issue

david0102

Hi fellow z owners,

just equiring about the clutch on my z, it seems to have a slight clutch judder when pulling off in first gear. Also a slight clicking feel through the pedal when fully pressed to the floor. The cars millage is over 60,000 miles. Does this mean the clutch is worn or needs replacing?

If so, i am thinking of replacing with a lighter clutch for the z, any recommendations?

Thanks alot

zed clutch takes a while to get used to, without driving it myself its difficult to diagnose.

if you want a lighter clutch, i know the exedy clutches sold by CS are good and close to stock feel, possibly lighter.

CS also offers a good fitting service as well.

How long does the average clutch last in the z, does any1 know?

depends on who's driving it, and how they drive, some have gone at 30k, some are still going at 90k

may not be the clutch,

sometimes the clutch master cylinder plays up, but this generally leads to the pedal sticking to the floor and requires pumping to get it to come back.

does it do it all the time or just when your first start it, and when its cold, may just need time to warm up. 1st gear is often juddery if your not used to the gear box.

:wacko: trying to figure out whats wrong with my clutch also (if any) took her for a spin yesterday and was perfect?! Before gearbox oil change and just after it was sticking a bit in gears :( the weather is a bit warmer and the new oil has had a few runs in it but still confused and no slipping crunching gears... :dummy: let me know how u get on.