Scotsure Warranty

Husky

If it were me, I'd be chasing Scotsure to see when they thought they gave CS authority to strip the box, and would want the recording of that conversation to prove it.

My guess (and it is a best logical guess), is they somehow gave Mitz authority to do the strip down on his original call, but not authority to do any more. They are using that fact as a get out clause to say that work had commenced, and now your claim is invalid. Very poor service if you ask me. If work had started, then fair enough, reject your claim, but as the car hadnt even been to the garage for work, that is very very poor behaviour from Scotsure.

As I say, I would be chasing up for a recording or the dialogue of that call to prove it was given.

If it were me, I'd be chasing Scotsure to see when they thought they gave CS authority to strip the box, and would want the recording of that conversation to prove it.

My guess (and it is a best logical guess), is they somehow gave Mitz authority to do the strip down on his original call, but not authority to do any more. They are using that fact as a get out clause to say that work had commenced, and now your claim is invalid. Very poor service if you ask me. If work had started, then fair enough, reject your claim, but as the car hadnt even been to the garage for work, that is very very poor behaviour from Scotsure.

As I say, I would be chasing up for a recording or the dialogue of that call to prove it was given.

One of the terms and conditions of the Scotsure warranty (and most other insurance type warranties) is that once a fault has been reported, then the car should not be driven for any great length of time or distance for fear of subsequent damage.

The is an insurance policy and the terms and conditions must be adhered to or run the risk of the claim being rejected.

These kinds of details are exactly why i asked if the garage were experienced in dealing with warranties.

To be fair though John the T&Cs of the warranty are your responsibility are they not? The warranty agreement is between you and Scotsure not any garage that is going to take on any of the warranty work. I have had plenty of credit cards but everytime I get a new one I read the T&Cs because they change between company to company and they are my responsibility to read and understand. I can't complain to bank "A" that I didn't read the T&Cs and they weren't the same as Bank "B's". This point is only in respect of the comment about the T&Cs and not the overall topic.

if its the owners responsibility why does the garage request the warranty book before commencing work.

i don't tell my mechanic how to fix my car, i don't tell my accountant how to balance my books any garage worth their salt should know how to deal with a warranty claim. its mechanics 101 and alot of garages bread and butter.

you should need to tell a garage how to proceed

if its the owners responsibility why does the garage request the warranty book before commencing work.

i don't tell my mechanic how to fix my car, i don't tell my accountant how to balance my books any garage worth their salt should know how to deal with a warranty claim. its mechanics 101 and alot of garages bread and butter.

you should need to tell a garage how to proceed

Does the garage sign-up to the T&Cs? If you put your name to a piece of paper with a company then its your responsibility to ensure you have read and understood them. I can't say for sure but I bet most of the T&C wording is stated in the 1st person and therefore aimed at you the owner of the warranty.

I agree if you take your car to a garage and ask them to fix something you shouldn't have to tell the mechanic how to fix the car but this scenario involves 3 parties not just the 2. I have just had to manage the relationship between between a garage and my insurance company as I was hit by another driver. Technically any garage worth their salt would know how to handle an insurance claim but I still make sure everything is in order myself to make sure its progressing to my satisfaction.

Just so you know John this is not a dig at you, this is just in response to Rich's post as point. :thumbs:

i

can i draw your attention to my first point

We could go on like this all day and night but it won't help the matter. I could point you in the direction of my point about does the garage sign the T&Cs and that these are the responsibility of the owner of the warranty which is all my original point was to John.

The garage would request the waranty booklet so they know the company the warranty is with, the warranty/policy number, expiry dates etc etc. They wont want the warranty book in order to read the T's & C's and advise the customer of them.

When signing for a warranty, if it is a term of that warranty that states the vehicle must not be driven after reporting a claim, then I assume that will be stated within the T's & C's of the contract. If the owners strays from those T's & C's, you cant blame someone else for not reminding you of them, surely?