Photobucket scam problem

Ebized

Anyone else getting this when you use the 'bucket'?

Scared the shite out of me first time and it does not allow you to shut down the connection other than by ending the internet connection.

Anyone know the best way to get rid of it?

EDIT: THIS JUST A PRINT SCREEN PIC - SO NO VIRUSES :lol:

Did you type the photobucket url yourself or click a link?

Its saved as 'favourite' link - you think I ought to change that?

Yes... try typing directly and it should be fine. I've seen malware that can overwrite your bookmarks before... run a scan too to be safe...

Yes... try typing directly and it should be fine. I've seen malware that can overwrite your bookmarks before... run a scan too to be safe...

Deleted the saved favourite link and opened a new one going through photobucket's 'front door' and resaved as a favourite and seems OK - so thanks for the advice there Marzman :thumbs:

Deleted the saved favourite link and opened a new one going through photobucket's 'front door' and resaved as a favourite and seems OK - so thanks for the advice there Marzman :thumbs:

But i dont have a saved link and went through the front door last night and got the same thing as you did Colin :shrug:

Meant to add that I did a full system scan this morning after having the first scare yesterday and nothing showed up. But one thing I did notice yesterday is that it 'appeared' to be an AVG warning, and as I currently use AVG that worried me, so I shut the PC down there and then. My son reassured me that it was almost certainly a malware thing - confirmed by the scan.

Given what Beavis has said though, it might be back :dry:

Meant to add that I did a full system scan this morning after having the first scare yesterday and nothing showed up. But one thing I did notice yesterday is that it 'appeared' to be an AVG warning, and as I currently use AVG that worried me, so I shut the PC down there and then. My son reassured me that it was almost certainly a malware thing - confirmed by the scan.

Given what Beavis has said though, it might be back :dry:

And i am running Eset nod 32 Colin and that is supposed to be the dogs danglys and that picked nothing up either. But have not had it since last night :shrug: