19" wheel question

Husky

but what if i go up to 10" wide rims on the rear, do i still need a +15 offset?

yes

Not sure its as easy as that, but yes, you keep roughly the same offset as wheels get bigger. Tehnically the offset should get larger numbers to compensate I think. Any good wheel vendor should be able to help with it. The main thing is to start of with the width and offset of a wheel you like and work it from there to make the ones you want to match :)

Depends if you want wheels that = win or wheels that = fail ;)

+12 on a 10.5" wheel is perfect fitment :) (Awaits Docwra to say that anything above 0 is a failiure :p )

Yes its all personal preference, hence why I suggest finding someone with wheels you like the look of (fit wise), find the width and offset and them make sure whichever you get they have the same relative offset :thumbs: I'm sure though to keep the wheels the same "flushness" to the arch, as the wheel gets wider you generally need a larger offset to keep them in the same place ;)

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

but what if i go up to 10" wide rims on the rear, do i still need a +15 offset?

yes

Not sure its as easy as that, but yes, you keep roughly the same offset as wheels get bigger. Tehnically the offset should get larger numbers to compensate I think. Any good wheel vendor should be able to help with it. The main thing is to start of with the width and offset of a wheel you like and work it from there to make the ones you want to match :)

Depends if you want wheels that = win or wheels that = fail ;)

+12 on a 10.5" wheel is perfect fitment :) (Awaits Docwra to say that anything above 0 is a failiure :p )

Yes its all personal preference, hence why I suggest finding someone with wheels you like the look of (fit wise), find the width and offset and them make sure whichever you get they have the same relative offset :thumbs: I'm sure though to keep the wheels the same "flushness" to the arch, as the wheel gets wider you generally need a larger offset to keep them in the same place ;)

Stew.. what are the offsets etc of your wheels :lol::lol:

yes i know they are 20's :p

so going to a 285 tyre on a 10" rim ilo 245 on 8 1/2" will get me a 20mm more agressive stance if the offset stays similar to the standard rays??

In theory yes. Doesnt always work perfectly in practice, but a rim 1.5" (~40mm) will get you a 20mm wider rim each side, so given the same offset will move the rim 20mm closer to the wheel arch :thumbs:

3.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

to pick this back up

ok so my options for the wheels im looking at are

post-4823-135011876025_thumb.jpg

so from this i guess the backs are going to be

19x10.5 offset 22

the fronts

19x9.5 offset 25??? :shrug:

im going to be putting 205's on the back and then the front again is a ?? i want the tyre sidewalls to sit the same on both wheels so i guess i better get my calculator out. :headhurt:

anyone got an idea what the standard wheels are? (rays)

never mind i used search :blush:

http://www.350z-tech.com/zwiki/G35_OEM_ ... l_Overview

RAYS

Front

Size: 18x8.0

Offset: +30mm

Weight: 18.19lbs

Tire: 225/45/18

Rear

Size: 18x8.5

Offset: +33mm

Weight: 18.62lbs

Tire: 245/45/18

so the difference on the back is this: on the 10.5 offset 22

inner clearance: 14mm less

outer position: will extend by 36mm

im just not sure where that will bring it out compared with the wheel arch?

to pick this back up

ok so my options for the wheels im looking at are

[attachment=0]wheels sizes.JPG[/attachment]

so from this i guess the backs are going to be

19x10.5 offset 22

the fronts

19x9.5 offset 25??? :shrug:

im going to be putting 205's on the back and then the front again is a ?? i want the tyre sidewalls to sit the same on both wheels so i guess i better get my calculator out. :headhurt:

Same sizes as mine & I'm running 245/35 & 275/35, Might try and get a 265/295 combo when I need tyres next though B)