Which Exhaust do i buy...?

MLC35

My factory fitted exhaust is starting to blow (45k miles). Very minor at the moment, and the service centre reckon i will get a couple more thousand miles. However - which exhaust do i replace it with?

I want something that wont scare children off their bicycles, looks good, and lasts a long time.

I have heard Nismo do a stainless steel that sounds good (not loud) and lasts a while, but so do Miltek. Then you get all the other types that i know nothing about.

Where is the best place to get one? My service centre will fit it, i just need to obtain it.

:please: help.......

Jonathan.

Where you based?

Nismo, 5zigen are my faves as well as the amuse I have on now.

Best thing is to get to some shows and meets to hear them first. Also what style you after? OEM or twin cans?

If you dont want loud, stay away from the K1 and K2

Best place to find one and they are a trader on here http://z-store.co.uk/index.cfm?fuseacti ... gory_id=30

Mark

I am also looking into a new exhaust purchase. I have scheduled to join up on a meet that is occuring in the Midlands area on the 28th Feb. I'd like to have a listen to the various examples and get some idea of price and looks actually fitted. I am like yourself MLC35, the original exhaust has a nice sound, and I also don't want to shout down the road as I accelerate.

I have scoured the internet and there are some good looking exhaust's, although I'd also like to gain a few extra bhp at the same time, without sounding to heavy.

Thanks for the links, etc.

I am based in Middlesbrough (North East), so getting to a midlands meet in a few weeks will be difficult. But if Wasso can let me know his opinion afterwards i would appreciate it - sounds like we are after the same type of thing.

Tried the search button - but was overwhelmed by the number of posts. Thought the video of some bloke leaving his missus filming in a layby was funny though - do we know if he has gone back for her yet?

:bangin:

Whats the difference between OEM and twin cans? I assume twin cans are like the standard dual exhaust and not the 'Carry on 350ying' image i now have in my head?

J.

That is brilliant.

You lot are mad - videoing your exhaust note is the sign of a hardcore car fanatic.

Good job no-one nicked your video camera, or jumped in and nicked your car whilst you retreived the camera.

How much does a scorpion cost to buy, and how much to fit?

How many miles will you get out of it?

Cheers,

J.

That is brilliant.

You lot are mad - videoing your exhaust note is the sign of a hardcore car fanatic.

Good job no-one nicked your video camera, or jumped in and nicked your car whilst you retreived the camera.

How much does a scorpion cost to buy, and how much to fit?

How many miles will you get out of it?

Cheers,

J.

pm COUGAR STORE mate he is a trader on here..... Mitz will answer all your question and price you up ;)

i'll give him a nudge to pm you. :lol:

I am more than happy to relay comments back to you, although the meet has been moved to March 21st, so there's a bit of a delay, and I was dead excited to hear and see some potential exhausts for my motor.

I guess I have to wait a little longer, although if your NE visit pay's off, let me know in return.

I'm looking for BHP gains, without excessive noise/rasp, and of course must look the Bee's Knee's!

I have seen some exhausts that top £1000, so if needs be then I will invest, although I'd prefer to pay a lot less.

Let me know how you get on.

Thanks Lexx, I have found this out, to my disgust! I have my ARC induction kit waiting application and as such need to source the exhaust. Once done it's down for a re-map. Quite looking forward to it - although with the delayed meet, I'll just have to wait a little longer.

Nitrous will be next which will be fitted roughly around April time after the exhaust and air kit :yahoo:

Note to Wasso,

i met up with Lexx and Woody (Thanks for doing that guys) and had a look and listen to their exhausts.

Lexx - 5zigen pro racer. Looked good as it was obviously an upgrade, but still quite discreet. Low noise at idle, but gave a good scream as the rev's climbed. Sounded more like a track car than boy racer.

Woody - Japspeed K1. i had an immediate giddy school boy re-action when i saw it, and then had a little wee in my pants when he started the engine. Very obvious visibly, and hellishly deep loud noise. Definitly for any-one who wants to be heard and then seen. (and that was with his 'bungs' in!). :scare:

My preference would be the 5zigen, as Woody pointed out his Japspeed can become annoying on motor way runs - something i do regulalry in myZ.

J.

find a place that make you a custom stainless exhaust dual if you so wish... make them create straight 'test pipes' instead of the cats. further down under the car you could then have two pipes that can be removed and put in two custom cats for MOT time that won't take you hours to fit. at the end of the exhaust system you pick whatever cans and tips that you want :thumbs: it would let the car breath enough to spank some hp's outta her B)

looking at the motordyne 'test pipes' but for what 600? they would want to make a massive difference compared to straight pipes IMO. Will stand corrected on that point if they do make the world of difference.

what other breathing mods do you have or plan in the near future? :blackeye:

Woody - Japspeed K1. i had an immediate giddy school boy re-action when i saw it, and then had a little wee in my pants when he started the engine. Very obvious visibly, and hellishly deep loud noise. Definitly for any-one who wants to be heard and then seen. (and that was with his 'bungs' in!). :scare:

Well, here's a clip of it with bungs out, lol (my car)

And one of my mates K2

Note to Wasso,

i met up with Lexx and Woody (Thanks for doing that guys) and had a look and listen to their exhausts.

Lexx - 5zigen pro racer. Looked good as it was obviously an upgrade, but still quite discreet. Low noise at idle, but gave a good scream as the rev's climbed. Sounded more like a track car than boy racer.

My preference would be the 5zigen, as Woody pointed out his Japspeed can become annoying on motor way runs - something i do regulalry in myZ.

J.

Nice one!

5zigen is a name I have been looking at - price is good also. I have also looked at customized exhausts and as mentioned easy swaps for MOT time.

It's a torn subject at the moment as there are a number of posibilities. I am going to have a good listen myself at the Midlands meet on the 21st March - so I am very keen to purchase.

I have my ARC induction awaiting application so once I have chosen the exhaust and purchased I will then fit the ARC and get a re-map. :thumbs::teeth: