Fuel and performance

MLC35

Hello all.

Having just purchased my 350z i am becoming more and more obsessed with caring for it. The wife and kids are now grubby and malnourished!

My latest thing is putting the best fuel in the car that i can find.

I have found Shell V-power petrol, which is a 99 RON fuel and incorporates engine cleaning technology (apparently - although i have not tasted any to check).

Not only that, they offer discounts and vouchers etc if you join the Shell club. Get a standard membership card from a Shell garage, and if you buy more than 150 litres of V-power fuel in any calendar quarter (3 months) then you get invited to the V-power club which has more benefits.

Am i being led on by marketing?

Am i going to blow up my car?

Am i doing anything remotely useful to improve my vehicle?

Can the club get extra rewards from Shell on our behalf?

post-5656-135011873099_thumb.jpg

Jonathan......

Tesco fuel - seriously? I thought all the supermarket fuels were meant to be a bit rubbish?

I am willing to stand corrected tho'.....

been tested on dyno's tesco 99 ron was pulling some of the best bhp gains. better than shell, but that was their old stuff, not sure how v-power compares

+1 on the Tesco 99 Ron fuel ...

I normally use Sainsbury's Super Unleaded as it's the closest petrol station to me ...

I tried Asda fuel a few weeks ago as I was in need and found that I got considerably less MPG ...

i found the sainsbury super gave really lumpy performance in my area, only used it once though

Still struggling to get my head round the fact that our high performance sports cars are best fed by Tesco!

Hardly exotic or rare is it?

:blink:

J.

you can run fine on shell, think of it as the difference between drinking coke and pepsi, both taste the same, just ones more a brand whore than the other

Still struggling to get my head round the fact that our high performance sports cars are best fed by Tesco!

Hardly exotic or rare is it?

:blink:

J.

you can run fine on shell, think of it as the difference between drinking coke and pepsi, both taste the same, just ones more a brand whore than the other

agree, not a big deal imo just if shell is around the corner which it is for me then shell it is,Tescos which is 7 miles away its a no brainer :thumbs: but either one will do.

In answer to your original post the marketing club thing is a bit of a swiz..... its got some many conditions, you can t have 2 cards on the same account, you have to buy so much over a given period etc etc etc...

Ran with tesco 99 for ages but then moved and nearest place is shell and all is fine. If you need to run with lower grade then its fine as the map on the ECU will change, but its advisable to use the good stuff.

Oh and dont run texaco... its crap!