Fitting coilovers this weekend - how low to go?

ikarus

CS is fitting my tanabe sustec pro coilovers this weekend that i bought from Carbon Forza :thumbs:.

I'm running 245/35/19, 275/35/19. I'm not looking to slam it, just tidy the appearance by closing the gaps - particulary the rears. I'm running a varis carbon splitter and ings+1 lx sides so that is a factor. Any advice from those of you that are lowered on how low to go? Some spring kits lower the front more and some lower the rear more, not sure what thats about? just keen to here any experiences.

Pic to follow..

No camber kit, Its running a bit of negative camber but not enough to worry about :)

My lip scrapes everywhere :(

DSC_2703.JPG

Thats the damage to it afer 10months & only about 3/4K miles :blush:

I have about 3 inches of ground clearance

No camber kit, Its running a bit of negative camber but not enough to worry about :)

My lip scrapes everywhere :(

DSC_2703.JPG

Thats the damage to it afer 10months & only about 3/4K miles :blush:

I have about 3 inches of ground clearance

:scare: Is that due to speed bumps or just general roads?

Thats what carbon lips are for, they are stronger than the bumper, better scrape a bit of carbon than the bumper. Mine looks worse than that, but my scrapes are properly under it given my car is quite a bit higher than Ians :surrender::lol:

The corners of it are like that aswell, its only a matter of time before it breaks :dry: My bumper is just as bad though, that used to catch on a lot of things :blush:

Ive also got a set of coilovers waiting to go-on...I was hoping to drop the car 30mm at the front and 35mm at the back but im sure I wont be getting over any speed bumps with that :lol:

Ian if your ever thinking about selling those wheels id be so so so interested :thumbs:

Oh i just noticed you dont have locking nuts....think i might take a trip down to south wales :ninja:

Indeed chris got them on when my moonface racing roll ceter adjusters arrived from adam :-) I must admit im really pleased with the BC's so far. Wondering though how has everyone has positioned their rear daming adjusters, as there is no way to get to the top of the strut once fitted!

I have got the long adjuster attacment thats going to be fitted tommorow, but even that there isnt a place for it to poke through! how are you doing chris?

Indeed chris got them on when my moonface racing roll ceter adjusters arrived from adam :-) I must admit im really pleased with the BC's so far. Wondering though how has everyone has positioned their rear daming adjusters, as there is no way to get to the top of the strut once fitted!

I have got the long adjuster attacment thats going to be fitted tommorow, but even that there isnt a place for it to poke through! how are you doing chris?

I saw one guy in the US drill a couple of small holes in the trim either side of the strut bar cover and poke them through there for easy access. Given that you're unlikely to put the suspension back to stock when you sell the car I'd say that's a pretty good solution. :thumbs:

See bottom pic on this post:

http://my350z.com/forum/4921893-post88.html

Nice one bud, I'm good thanks, 350z modding has stopped, but 370z modding will commence in July :thumbs: I would put the adjuster like the pics in that thread above, but I would just fit them under the trim on the strut bar, they are dead easy to pop of if you want to adjust (10 sec job) but keeps the stock look.