Connecting an Iphone to the 350Z

Chris K.

I also use the I-phone and I make/receive calls without any problems. Although I did get some major feedback when using it yesterday. Anyone else had this?

your phone may of been near to the car speaker and picking it up on the mic

My iphone also connects fine. However the bluetooth in the Iphone is the worst in any phone I have every had. You have to leave your blue tooth on all the time if you want it to connect automatically next time you get in the car. you can't just turn off your bluetooth and then turn it back on when you next get back into the car. You have to turn the bluetooth on and then manually touch the Nissan connection in your bluetooth connection list. In my old phones with handsfree I could simply turn off the bluetooth when I left the car and then turned it back on prior to getting back into the car and it would remember my car's connection and connect automatically again. The iphone does remember the connection (because it shows up in the devices detected list again) but does not connect automatically. Apple have confirmed this is unfortunately how it is. It also cannot connect to any other phone other than a handsfree device. Very basic bluetooth functionality. Apart from that brilliant phone and internet browsing and multi-touch screen interface leagues ahead of other phones. Anyway iphone moan over! Oh and yes you can make calls with the inbuilt bluetooth phone functionality, as mentioned you have to go through a procedure to store numbers as names and then you simply say "dial name" and it will ring the stored number against that name. Would be excellent though it if could automatically pick up the stored names in your phone's contact list (maybe one day).

Yes I seriously looked into the Blackberry. Very nice phones. However the internet browsing capability and email of the Iphone is rated as the best in most business reviews. Also the fact you have to use Blackberry's own internet service in conjuction with the network provider put me off. Oh and the lack of wifi on most of their phones. Although I think they have finally seen sense and started putting this in to their new Storm v2.

Or put the £80 towards a new head unit

Good point, i am going to upgrade the head unit so will make sure i get bluetooth on it.

if you need a bluetooth i may be able to get one in time for the Bristol meet at Cribbs, just let me know.

Or put the £80 towards a new head unit

Good point, i am going to upgrade the head unit so will make sure i get bluetooth on it.

if you need a bluetooth i may be able to get one in time for the Bristol meet at Cribbs, just let me know.

If you use a head unit with bluetooth to connect with your iphone, how does it work? To answer a call do you use a button on the head unit? I am assuming the buttons on the steering wheel woudn't be useable?