Long distance MPG

stuRS

I can't get my car to do more than 19.2 mpg. I certainly don't thrash my z either. WHats going on. :lol:

Have you reset your mpg before you do your motorway driving? If you haven't reset it for some time then it will change very slowly.

I also noticed a bigger difference than I expected at higher motorway speeds. Usually I do 85 mph (GPS speed) and get 28mpg. However, I recently did a journey at 60 mph and got 32.5mpg.

I can't get my car to do more than 19.2 mpg. I certainly don't thrash my z either. WHats going on. :lol:

Have you tried to reset the MPG indicator?

I usually reset it after refueling to get a more accurate indication of the mpg ... It's funny though as the first reading after a reset is always something ridiculous like 13.2 mpg ... it jumps up quite a lot though once I begin driving normally ...

:thumbs:

Have you tried to reset the MPG indicator?

I usually reset it after refueling to get a more accurate indication of the mpg ... It's funny though as the first reading after a reset is always something ridiculous like 13.2 mpg ... it jumps up quite a lot though once I begin driving normally ...

:thumbs:

I do the reset whilst on the motorway and then set the cruise to 70 mph and I get 35 mpg ..... I then drive carefully until I'm fed up to see how high I can keep the average ............ it usually lasts for about 2 mins and then I go back to 'normal' diving mode and it always ends up around 24/34 i.e. 24 mpg at an average speed of 34 mph

hi Stu, i just got my Z and im a fellow R1 rider! I did the trip down to Monza WSB a few years back on the bike, we went through Paris and took some pics of the bikes literally under the Eiffel tower then down past Dijon and we stopped for the night at Geneva, then next day had fun blasting across the Alps nailing it through the numerous tunnels and stopping for snowball fights, then down to our hotel at Lake Lauserne. A brilliant and very intense long weekend. Hope your trip is just as fun.

Hello mate -you have good taste! I can't wait for the trip, I went to Scotland last year to avoid the euro and got totally soaked. Can't wait to get down to the med. I've been told the Vouge (sp?) mountains are some of the best roads around.

Love the zed but there's nothing like gassing the R1 and hitting 150mph before you can even see straight :D

I drove t Machester from Nottingham and back last night so it's half motorway. half twisties over the hills (average speed cameras on a lot of it though) and then a bit of town either end. (2 halfs and a bit??)

Anyway, I got 29MPG. Obviously a trip round Europe will be 10x the amount of miles, and a hiher amount of motorway I imagine so expect high 20s I'd say. Not too bad...

I heard re-maps can improve consumption though not sure by how much. Suppose it depends on each car.

Sounds like a good trip anyway - wish I could afford the fuel to do it! :lol:

BTW Which petrol are you using?

I only ask because I once filled up Asda fuel as I was desperate and noticed that I couldn't get over 21 mpg .... I usually get 25+ mpg when using quality petrol ...

Thats a good point. Tesco 99RON nets me around 4MPG more than 95RON :thumbs:

BTW Which petrol are you using?

I only ask because I once filled up Asda fuel as I was desperate and noticed that I couldn't get over 21 mpg .... I usually get 25+ mpg when using quality petrol ...

Thats a good point. Tesco 99RON nets me around 4MPG more than 95RON :thumbs:

always tescos 99ron....

and i cant see how my foot can get any heavier.... ;):lol:

Is your Z a UK spec?

Question for all the people who know, does the Z always throw an error light for everything? IE engine temp sensor for the ECU, or

out of calibration for the UK lambdas?

Interesting to see all this talk of fuel consumption, guess it goes to show that some can discuss the subject :dry:

My car is a December registered 56 plate so just turned three years old and its a UK spec GT. Flew through its MOT and has full nissan service. I have reset the monitor several times and I keep getting back to that magic 19mpg. :lol:

Is your Z a UK spec?

Question for all the people who know, does the Z always throw an error light for everything? IE engine temp sensor for the ECU, or

Interesting to see all this talk of fuel consumption, guess it goes to show that some can discuss the subject :dry:

My car is a December registered 56 plate so just turned three years old and its a UK spec GT. Flew through its MOT and has full nissan service. I have reset the monitor several times and I keep getting back to that magic 19mpg. :lol:

do you mainly do short journeys?

i'm only getting about 20mpg at the moment as i'm running rich and only doing short trips of 4 miles each way per day

Is your Z a UK spec?

do you mainly do short journeys?

i'm only getting about 20mpg at the moment as i'm running rich and only doing short trips of 4 miles each way per day

Yeah, predominately to school and back during the week! Probably why I guess. I'm going to fill up and test it next time I go a long trip.

Hi Stu, yep this is the fastest car ive ever driven but still feels weak compared to a litre bike. Even my old ZX10 which was nearly 20 years old and worth about a grand would smoke the car. love it when you nail the R1 away from the lights and when you get it just right you get wheelie and wheelspin at the same time.....instant wood!!! :yahoo: